Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Training Suppplements In Doha

Training Suppplements In Doha

Old Apr 1st 2015, 7:22 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
IrishManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Training Suppplements In Doha

Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in training supplements into Doha through your checked in luggage? Items such as Whey Protein, BCAA powder, fat burning tablets, CLA tablet supplements

I am returning to the UK shortly and would like to bring some back as they are not available here. I have been to the GMC stand in Villagio however don't sell the major stuff I want and price is quite expensive.

Can I be stopped and the products taken off me or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks in advance
IrishManc is offline  
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:09 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,947
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by IrishManc View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in training supplements into Doha through your checked in luggage? Items such as Whey Protein, BCAA powder, fat burning tablets, CLA tablet supplements

I am returning to the UK shortly and would like to bring some back as they are not available here. I have been to the GMC stand in Villagio however don't sell the major stuff I want and price is quite expensive.

Can I be stopped and the products taken off me or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks in advance
It could show up on the bag scanner but i wouldnt be too nervous . They'll not be too arsed with it . They'd rather put some poor labourer through the mill for bringing through 3KG of chapati flour !
co durham boy is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:27 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 88
JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by IrishManc View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in training supplements into Doha through your checked in luggage? Items such as Whey Protein, BCAA powder, fat burning tablets, CLA tablet supplements

I am returning to the UK shortly and would like to bring some back as they are not available here. I have been to the GMC stand in Villagio however don't sell the major stuff I want and price is quite expensive.

Can I be stopped and the products taken off me or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks in advance
I regularly bring back large quantities of Powder from the UK and most recently Dubai as the selection here is pitiful. The GNC gear is overpriced and not particularly flavourful and the other place here (Supplement House) only sells Scitec Nutrition which is far too watery for my liking.

I've only ever been stopped once and they asked what was in the bag marked "Whey Protein". I told them it was Whey Protein. He asked me to open the bag, he sniffed at the French Vanilla goodness, smiled and beckoned me to F off which I duly obliged.
JamesandTamsin is offline  
Old Apr 27th 2015, 1:04 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
IrishManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Thanks JamesandTamsin,

I was back in the UK since but didn't want to risk it just incase. A friend of a friend gave us a website to buy on. It comes from Dubai and actually got delivered to Hamad Medical Centre for me to collect. I did have to go to the DHL office on Salwa Road first to collect my invoice and customs sheet and then Hamad Medical Centre however once there, they opened the box in front of me and a doctor grunted his approval, signed my customs form and I was on my way!

the website is http://qa.sporter.com/ if its any use to you. I don't think it is badly priced compared to the UK but now I know the procedure, I will look at prices to get delivered from the UK.
IrishManc is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2015, 5:24 am
  #5  
Just Joined
 
OneBrightStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 13
OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Thanks for sharing your experience. How much worth of stuff did you order and did they charge any duty etc?
OneBrightStar is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:02 am
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
IrishManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

You are only allowed to order 6 items at a time, and if you spend a certain amount you get a free gift so my first order was two large whey protein's and two tubs of tablets (my free cup shakers added made it 6 items) which cost QAR600 and then QAR 119 was added for delivery. the company sorts out any duty or customs as far as I'm aware.

I just paid and picked up a few days later. I found it quite good service compared to over paying from the likes of GNC.
IrishManc is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2015, 9:25 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,947
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by IrishManc View Post
You are only allowed to order 6 items at a time, and if you spend a certain amount you get a free gift so my first order was two large whey protein's and two tubs of tablets (my free cup shakers added made it 6 items) which cost QAR600 and then QAR 119 was added for delivery. the company sorts out any duty or customs as far as I'm aware.

I just paid and picked up a few days later. I found it quite good service compared to over paying from the likes of GNC.
Interesting stuff , handy if you're taking a lot of supplements . I don't use a lot myself , maybe some post recovery now and again , a lot of it's just money marketing sugar / caffeine potions but each to their own .

Try Fitness Qatar on Instragram , they have a lot of stuff that's not available in the shops here .
co durham boy is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2015, 9:46 am
  #8  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,639
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
Interesting stuff , handy if you're taking a lot of supplements . I don't use a lot myself , maybe some post recovery now and again , a lot of it's just money marketing sugar / caffeine potions but each to their own .

Try Fitness Qatar on Instragram , they have a lot of stuff that's not available in the shops here .
You're much more modern than I had you down for...
Scamp is offline  
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:01 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
co durham boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 3,947
co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
You're much more modern than I had you down for...
I've a few strings to my bow bonny lad . Always keep your powder dry
co durham boy is offline  
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:28 am
  #10  
WWLLCJD?
 
Scamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Dubai
Posts: 23,639
Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by co durham boy View Post
I've a few strings to my bow bonny lad . Always keep your powder dry
Indeed. I tip my hat to you.
Scamp is offline  
Old Apr 29th 2015, 11:24 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
OneBrightStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 13
OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Ordered yesterday for 10 items, DHL called in the morning to confirm the address and have just delivered the box. No tax no additional money.

Expiry date is at the end of 2016 for most of the products so quite happy with the overall service considering they are the authorised dealer for most of the big brands.


Last edited by OneBrightStar; Apr 29th 2015 at 11:26 am.
OneBrightStar is offline  
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:30 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 22
IrishManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by OneBrightStar View Post
Ordered yesterday for 10 items, DHL called in the morning to confirm the address and have just delivered the box. No tax no additional money.

Expiry date is at the end of 2016 for most of the products so quite happy with the overall service considering they are the authorised dealer for most of the big brands.

http://i.imgur.com/ZcOEEAl.jpg
OneBrightStar, was this order from sporter.com? If not who?
I ordered yesterday morning from Sporter.com and it arrived today at lunch time, direct to my villa so didn't have to go to Hamad Medical centre this time. Maybe its just the protein that has to be checked??
IrishManc is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:04 am
  #13  
Just Joined
 
OneBrightStar's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: London
Posts: 13
OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Yes ordered from sporter.com Excellent service.

But I ordered protein as well which was not checked and got delivered to my work location.
OneBrightStar is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.