Reload this Page >

Training Suppplements In Doha

Training Suppplements In Doha

Old Apr 1st 2015, 7:22 am
Just Joined

IrishManc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Training Suppplements In Doha

Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in training supplements into Doha through your checked in luggage? Items such as Whey Protein, BCAA powder, fat burning tablets, CLA tablet supplements

I am returning to the UK shortly and would like to bring some back as they are not available here. I have been to the GMC stand in Villagio however don't sell the major stuff I want and price is quite expensive.

Can I be stopped and the products taken off me or am I just being too cautious?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Training Suppplements In Doha

Originally Posted by IrishManc
Hi,

Does anyone know if you are allowed to bring in training supplements into Doha through your checked in luggage? Items such as Whey Protein, BCAA powder, fat burning tablets, CLA tablet supplements

I am returning to the UK shortly and would like to bring some back as they are not available here. I have been to the GMC stand in Villagio however don't sell the major stuff I want and price is quite expensive.

Thanks in advance
It could show up on the bag scanner but i wouldnt be too nervous . They'll not be too arsed with it . They'd rather put some poor labourer through the mill for bringing through 3KG of chapati flour !
Old Apr 27th 2015, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

JamesandTamsin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks in advance
I regularly bring back large quantities of Powder from the UK and most recently Dubai as the selection here is pitiful. The GNC gear is overpriced and not particularly flavourful and the other place here (Supplement House) only sells Scitec Nutrition which is far too watery for my liking.

I've only ever been stopped once and they asked what was in the bag marked "Whey Protein". I told them it was Whey Protein. He asked me to open the bag, he sniffed at the French Vanilla goodness, smiled and beckoned me to F off which I duly obliged.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks JamesandTamsin,

I was back in the UK since but didn't want to risk it just incase. A friend of a friend gave us a website to buy on. It comes from Dubai and actually got delivered to Hamad Medical Centre for me to collect. I did have to go to the DHL office on Salwa Road first to collect my invoice and customs sheet and then Hamad Medical Centre however once there, they opened the box in front of me and a doctor grunted his approval, signed my customs form and I was on my way!

the website is http://qa.sporter.com/ if its any use to you. I don't think it is badly priced compared to the UK but now I know the procedure, I will look at prices to get delivered from the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 5:24 am
Just Joined

OneBrightStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sharing your experience. How much worth of stuff did you order and did they charge any duty etc?
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:02 am
Just Joined

You are only allowed to order 6 items at a time, and if you spend a certain amount you get a free gift so my first order was two large whey protein's and two tubs of tablets (my free cup shakers added made it 6 items) which cost QAR600 and then QAR 119 was added for delivery. the company sorts out any duty or customs as far as I'm aware.

I just paid and picked up a few days later. I found it quite good service compared to over paying from the likes of GNC.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

You are only allowed to order 6 items at a time, and if you spend a certain amount you get a free gift so my first order was two large whey protein's and two tubs of tablets (my free cup shakers added made it 6 items) which cost QAR600 and then QAR 119 was added for delivery. the company sorts out any duty or customs as far as I'm aware.

I just paid and picked up a few days later. I found it quite good service compared to over paying from the likes of GNC.
Interesting stuff , handy if you're taking a lot of supplements . I don't use a lot myself , maybe some post recovery now and again , a lot of it's just money marketing sugar / caffeine potions but each to their own .

Try Fitness Qatar on Instragram , they have a lot of stuff that's not available in the shops here .
Old Apr 28th 2015, 9:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Interesting stuff , handy if you're taking a lot of supplements . I don't use a lot myself , maybe some post recovery now and again , a lot of it's just money marketing sugar / caffeine potions but each to their own .

Try Fitness Qatar on Instragram , they have a lot of stuff that's not available in the shops here .
You're much more modern than I had you down for...
Old Apr 28th 2015, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
You're much more modern than I had you down for...
I've a few strings to my bow bonny lad . Always keep your powder dry
Old Apr 29th 2015, 4:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
I've a few strings to my bow bonny lad . Always keep your powder dry
Indeed. I tip my hat to you.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Ordered yesterday for 10 items, DHL called in the morning to confirm the address and have just delivered the box. No tax no additional money.

Expiry date is at the end of 2016 for most of the products so quite happy with the overall service considering they are the authorised dealer for most of the big brands.

Last edited by OneBrightStar; Apr 29th 2015 at 11:26 am.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OneBrightStar
Ordered yesterday for 10 items, DHL called in the morning to confirm the address and have just delivered the box. No tax no additional money.

Expiry date is at the end of 2016 for most of the products so quite happy with the overall service considering they are the authorised dealer for most of the big brands.

http://i.imgur.com/ZcOEEAl.jpg
OneBrightStar, was this order from sporter.com? If not who?
I ordered yesterday morning from Sporter.com and it arrived today at lunch time, direct to my villa so didn't have to go to Hamad Medical centre this time. Maybe its just the protein that has to be checked??
Old Apr 30th 2015, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Yes ordered from sporter.com Excellent service.

But I ordered protein as well which was not checked and got delivered to my work location.