traffic accident

Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default traffic accident

hi all,

I have a 'friend' who had a minor run in with a car park wall a few months back and scraped the side of their car which needs a repair.

They didnt report it at the time and kind of forgot about it (no major damage, just a small dent and a drop of paint needed) however they are now keen to get it fixed...

What is the deal with reporting an accident after it happened? I now know you are due to make the report straight away, is it going to be a problem?

THanks

Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: traffic accident

yes and no to being a problem, tell them to go do it again then call the cops to come see the car and damage telling them they just did it.
IF they dont the cops wont give them the accident report needed by the repair co's and insurance co.

they could try go to a police station and explain but all the cops will say is go back and crash again....i kid you not i have had this advice from them twice and know of others who have been told the same
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:19 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yes and no to being a problem, tell them to go do it again then call the cops to come see the car and damage telling them they just did it.
IF they dont the cops wont give them the accident report needed by the repair co's and insurance co.

they could try go to a police station and explain but all the cops will say is go back and crash again....i kid you not i have had this advice from them twice and know of others who have been told the same
The Culture Of No - go back and crash again - brilliant!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Originally Posted by sg800
hi all,

I have a 'friend' who had a minor run in with a car park wall a few months back and scraped the side of their car which needs a repair.

They didnt report it at the time and kind of forgot about it (no major damage, just a small dent and a drop of paint needed) however they are now keen to get it fixed...

What is the deal with reporting an accident after it happened? I now know you are due to make the report straight away, is it going to be a problem?

THanks

like you dont already know what to do ;-)
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shiva

Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:25 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
The Culture Of No - go back and crash again - brilliant!
Yep. I've heard that one as well. And I DID have a crash today.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:00 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

I did get the police station in Jebel Ali to give a report, after a minor scrape on the way home from Ibn Battuta...