torrents

Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

ilmalti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default torrents

Seeing that there is censorship on what is done on the internet is it possible to download films from torrents in the UAE?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: torrents

Originally Posted by ilmalti View Post
Seeing that there is censorship on what is done on the internet is it possible to download films from torrents in the UAE?
a lot of the torrent sites are blocked
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: torrents

I usually use torrentscan.com and choose BTjunkie. From there I download all my films and music. Would be crap if I cant do that anymore.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

eztv,mininova,uknova,funfile to name a few that are fine
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: torrents

Thanks Patsy. I sure hope to keep on downloading my favourite films. I arrive in AD next monday and as soon as i get logged on will continue to download stuff to kill time.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

both torrentscan and btjunkie are blocked here. But there are good choices on the other sites
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:46 pm
Banned

Dubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeDubai_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

A friend introduced me to bit torrent today. Never heard of it before. Looks good.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:36 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

And there are easy ways to access all the blocked sites too.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 11:43 am
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GarethR View Post
And there are easy ways to access all the blocked sites too.
I mainly use http://www.isohunt.com - it gets blocked from time to time, but there are always other torrent sites around.

The best way to get round the broxy is to get yourself a VPN/tunnel type thing. It will be a few dollars a month, but trust me it is worth it. And try to set it up before you arrive as it can be tricky to access the sign up sites here. Likewise load yourself up some Skype credit as while Skype sometimes works, the site is totally utterly blocked. However with a VPN you'll be able to use Skype and access its website.

It gives me a warm glow to think of the hours of international phone calls I have used Skype for over the past year, despite Etishite and the TRA's best blocking efforts. I have deprived them of thousands of dirhams and it feels very pleasant indeed.