Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Tomorrow is the day.....

Tomorrow is the day.....

Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:32 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Tomorrow is the day.....

I move to Dubai!!!

Very excited now. Haven't been on here much in the last few weeks as have been running round getting things organised - and showing Face the sights of London!

Thanks to everyone who has given me lots of advice in last few months and I look forward to meeting up in person - I hope the drinks on the 27th are still on!

LG
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:49 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tomorrow is the day.....

Originally Posted by lillygirl
I move to Dubai!!!

Very excited now. Haven't been on here much in the last few weeks as have been running round getting things organised - and showing Face the sights of London!

Thanks to everyone who has given me lots of advice in last few months and I look forward to meeting up in person - I hope the drinks on the 27th are still on!

LG
Have a safe flight to Dubai LG... XX
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:58 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

I move to Dubai!!!

LG
Well i will say an early welcome to Dubai as i will prob be asleep when u land have a good flight
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:32 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

I move to Dubai!!!

LG
U will love Dubai. Have a safe trip and I will c u when I get back

PS..... Pack an umbrella! lol
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:38 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

I move to Dubai!!!

LG

Hi you!! Looking forward to catching up, fodder and lots of intoxicating fluids...Thanks for PM, have a good flight.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:16 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Hi you!! Looking forward to catching up, fodder and lots of intoxicating fluids...Thanks for PM, have a good flight.

Hey It's raining!!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:22 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hey It's raining!!
It does rain in the U.A.E. Come on.... we have all being going on about how much it actually rains in the Dubai. Please tell me that u are not surprised. It is not unusual at all........ and besides.... it was forecast:

Gulf news
Nation | Environment
Published: 19/1/2005, 10:04 (UAE)

Heavy rain and thunderstorms expected during Eid holidays

By Aftab Kazmi, Bureau Chief
Al Ain: Cold and stormy weather is heading for the country, with moderate to heavy rain expected during the Eid Al Adha holidays.

The atmospheric low pressure coming from the Mediterranean Sea is causing heavy rain in Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and some eastern parts of Saudi Arabia.

The inclement weather is expected to hit the country today, although some parts of the UAE, such as Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai started experiencing windy and partly cloudy conditions yesterday.

In Umm Quwain, a spell of light showers last evening brought the temperature down.

A meteorologist at the Central Forecasting Office of the UAE Meteorological Department at the Ministry of Communication told Gulf News the bad weather could continue till Friday. "We are expecting partly cloudy to cloudy conditions with the chance of ... heavy rain during the next three days," he said.

Thunderstorms are also expected in mountainous areas and sandstorms could hit western parts of the UAE, affecting visibility.

He said people planning outdoor activities during the Eid holidays should not venture far into the desert and should take proper clothing for the cold and the rain. Children and the elderly should be especially careful.

He said initial readings of the weather chart showed strong southeasterly and northeasterly winds could occur in western parts of the country, particularly tomorrow and Friday.

The severity of these winds will generally be 10 to 15 knots, but they might increase to 16 to 22 knots with a swing in direction from southeasterly to southwesterly.

With these conditions, he said, daytime temperatures will range from 18C to 24C and could fall to 10C to 14C. Winds will be very rough over the sea with a speed of 22 to 28 knots.

According to forecasts, people should not go out on boats on the open sea because the wind will create mild stormy conditions. Four-foot to six-foot high waves are also expected today and six- to eight-foot waves are expected tomorrow and Friday.

According to the forecasts, conditions will return to normal by Saturday.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 1:52 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Have u arrived yet??? Hope you had a safe trip. Get some rest then have some fun . Enjoy Dubai it's great!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:42 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

I move to Dubai!!!

LG
Good luck for your move
Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:48 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Safe trip LG
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:33 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Good luck for your move
Hey Jammy where's ur Avatar gone??? You gonna surprise us with a new one?? :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:34 pm
The Oracle

Good luck for your move
wot, no avatar?

How was the skiing? Any accidents to report? lol

Old Jan 21st 2005, 8:39 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
wot, no avatar?

How was the skiing? Any accidents to report? lol

Not been yet, unfortunately I have to do some stuff at work first.
Ski-ing is tomorrow and Sun.
Then more stuff in the office til wed night.
Fly back Thurs night just in time for my Friday afternoon session down at Waxy´s.

Hope London is treating you well Face !!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 10:54 am
The Oracle

Not been yet, unfortunately I have to do some stuff at work first.
Ski-ing is tomorrow and Sun.
Then more stuff in the office til wed night.
Fly back Thurs night just in time for my Friday afternoon session down at Waxy´s.

Hope London is treating you well Face !!
Have a good ski run.... just stay away from those black diamond slopes..... not the best place to be skiing. lol

All work and no play wud make u an upset Dodgers, but u get to ski for 2 days str8.

London is treating me well indeed. Enjoying the cold so far. Seems to be getting colder now though........ all the better! Too much sunshine though.

Waxy's......... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......... really dunno how u like that place! lol

take care and avoid suspicious looking snowmen.

given u some k. now its on official record. hahaha