Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

To those of you who are planning a move to Dubai

To those of you who are planning a move to Dubai

Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To those of you who are planning a move to Dubai

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
out of curiousity why do you want to come?? every day we have tons of enquries from posters wanting information about moving here - what is it that makes you want to come?

sun, sun and sun, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
anyone know how to secure a green card in US? w.o investing $500,000 in a shell company

x
I wasn't aware that was an option... Which visa is this? You could try the visa lottery?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I like it here too, but we would have to move (to Aus) when daughter gets closer to Uni (couple of years from now).

I was wondering why you said someday you would have to return to the UK...
Why Indie? The world is getting smaller per diem re keeping in touch.She'll be luvin you turning up outside the Halls of Residence every night!!!!!
Just kidding
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
She'll be luvin you turning up outside the Halls of Residence every night!!!!!
Just kidding
lol - we've already threatened to drop her off (to Uni) everyday! No, seriously, we'd have to go, otherwise we stand to lose our residency, unless, in the remote event we manage an extension.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware that was an option... Which visa is this? You could try the visa lottery?

Uhuh doing that already.Only other way is to be well up(audit trailed) in a reputable company and 'vital to its success'.Need green card to live there more than 6 months per annum.Salomon-v-Salomon even with $1/2mil invest isn't as definite bet as it used to be pre 9/11.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Uhuh doing that already.Only other way is to be well up(audit trailed) in a reputable company and 'vital to its success'.Need green card to live there more than 6 months per annum.Salomon-v-Salomon even with $1/2mil invest isn't as definite bet as it used to be pre 9/11.
you could always just marry ray...

MM, xx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lol - we've already threatened to drop her off (to Uni) everyday! No, seriously, we'd have to go, otherwise we stand to lose our residency, unless, in the remote event we manage an extension.
With ya now.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:57 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MM, xx

Haahaaaa- yeh? And what do I do about Joycie doing an uptodate version of Boston Strangler or Texas Chain Saw Massacre?.....Besides he smokes!!!Would lead me back onto that dreadful vice......other than those to small blimps on the horizon sounds like a plan though
Old Jan 4th 2008, 3:58 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it here too, but we would have to move (to Aus) when daughter gets closer to Uni (couple of years from now).

I was wondering why you said someday you would have to return to the UK...
Originally Posted by Eva
I'm heading off from Uae mid Jan.Not relishing returning to UK after being away for a while-nothing appeals to me about the place anymore.Intend moving on asap-anyone know how to secure a green card in US? w.o investing $500,000 in a shell company

BB- Home is where the best tea bags are after a while-you'll be fine if and when the time comes - do you mean when you finish work?
x
People just dont retire here..

I mean at all really, I need to go and visit family but have put it off for nearly 3 years.. after being here I really don't want to go back. Ever. Have you ever heard of the condition called SAD
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Haahaaaa- yeh? And what do I do about Joycie doing an uptodate version of Boston Strangler or Texas Chain Saw Massacre?.....Besides he smokes!!!Would lead me back onto that dreadful vice......other than those to small blimps on the horizon sounds like a plan though
oh well maybe bigamy is legal in florida...but the smoking, hmmm...didn't know you'd given up, that's more difficult to cope with than another wife i guess, back to plan b then, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beebee
People just dont retire here..

I mean at all really, I need to go and visit family but have put it off for nearly 3 years.. after being here I really don't want to go back. Ever. Have you ever heard of the condition called SAD
oh ok, I understand the condition(now...)

I visit India 2-3 times a year just to visit family. Another reason I love staying here. It is so close, a very short flight...just 3 hours

Last edited by IndieG; Jan 4th 2008 at 4:12 pm. Reason: Edited smilie, I was thinking of something else
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:07 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

oh ok, I understand the condition

I visit India 2-3 times a year just to visit family. Another reason I love staying here. It is so close, a very short flight...just 3 hours
i always thought it was an apprehension of school starting back in september.. but I still felt it years after leaving school..so i did my research..
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beebee
i always thought it was an apprehension of school starting back in september.. but I still felt it years after leaving school..so i did my research..
Sorry, I thought you were kidding......
Old Jan 4th 2008, 4:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

oh well maybe bigamy is legal in florida...but the smoking, hmmm...didn't know you'd given up, that's more difficult to cope with than another wife i guess, back to plan b then, lol...

MM, xx
Aaaarg- Put your hat back in the box.Wedding's off-my mother lives in Florida!

You are funny though thinking a wife is less adversarial than a packet of B&H.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.