Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Those *****ers have finally lost it...

Those *****ers have finally lost it...

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:53 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Those *****ers have finally lost it...

I thought all that bit of beach behind Dubai Marine club down as far as JBC was free public beach
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

If you can afford to do something or be a member somewhere, then do it, good on you.

I dont feel sorry for the people here that cant afford to do the things i can. A lot of them are here because they have a better quality of life here than their original country. A lot of people however have nothing to go back for, i.e they are trapped here due to employment chances at home and their passports being locked up.

One of my ex-colleagues whos salary came in about at 2000AED per month, has built himself and his family a sizeable house in his country of origin- a lot bigger that my property in the UK for sure

Money is all relevant. I work for a global company with a sizeable office in Dubai. I took a package that was comparable to what i earn in the offshore industry in the UK. It does cause a lot of friction as i know i double my managers salary. But the point is, i would not work for a certain level, neither would others.

And if that level dictates that i can join a golf club or a beach club or both then good on me.

Forgive me as a new guy to this site, but It seems to me that there are people on here that really go out of their way to feel sorry for the 'less well off' people (well thats what they see them as) These 'less well off' people, are probibly quite content with their lot as they know no different and would feel totally out of sorts gabbing on with the wannabees at Barasti's or discussing the best spa and nail salon in Lime tree cafe with the false and hideously boring Jumeriah Jane types anyway (darling).

Now what really gets on my wick is the women who bring their slave. sorry maid to spinneys to push the trolley and look after her kids while she prances around selecting moisturisers and toners for her leather skin like she owns the place. Arrogant and Disgusting. Saw one yesterday actually. She was as common as muck as well, cant wait till her hubby has to move back to Redcar or whereever they came from.

People like that really annoy me more than people who join clubs cause they can afford it.

in my opinion of course
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:55 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

It was/is but they are doing a huge refurbisment programme so don't know after that is complete??
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Well said AA
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice

:/ some people completely miss the point here... it doesnt matter where youre from, what race you are or how much money you have. at the end of the day, we ALL lose out on what was once a nice, relaxing, free place we could just chill and enjoy the little free time we have.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Well said AA
why thank you . i am however expecting a ban for expressing my anti-lovey opinions
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:58 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
If you can afford to do something or be a member somewhere, then do it, good on you.

I dont feel sorry for the people here that cant afford to do the things i can. A lot of them are here because they have a better quality of life here than their original country. A lot of people however have nothing to go back for, i.e they are trapped here due to employment chances at home and their passports being locked up.

One of my ex-colleagues whos salary came in about at 2000AED per month, has built himself and his family a sizeable house in his country of origin- a lot bigger that my property in the UK for sure

Money is all relevant. I work for a global company with a sizeable office in Dubai. I took a package that was comparable to what i earn in the offshore industry in the UK. It does cause a lot of friction as i know i double my managers salary. But the point is, i would not work for a certain level, neither would others.

And if that level dictates that i can join a golf club or a beach club or both then good on me.

Forgive me as a new guy to this site, but It seems to me that there are people on here that really go out of their way to feel sorry for the 'less well off' people (well thats what they see them as) These 'less well off' people, are probibly quite content with their lot as they know no different and would feel totally out of sorts gabbing on with the wannabees at Barasti's or discussing the best spa and nail salon in Lime tree cafe with the false and hideously boring Jumeriah Jane types anyway (darling).

Now what really gets on my wick is the women who bring their slave. sorry maid to spinneys to push the trolley and look after her kids while she prances around selecting moisturisers and toners for her leather skin like she owns the place. Arrogant and Disgusting. Saw one yesterday actually. She was as common as muck as well, cant wait till her hubby has to move back to Redcar or whereever they came from.

People like that really annoy me more than people who join clubs cause they can afford it.

in my opinion of course

Oh Gawd! they are definatly common as muck if they are buying their moisturisers in Spinneys..........

Last edited by sassy; Mar 22nd 2007 at 8:02 am.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:59 am
Its all good

Yes I understand that but my point was 5dhs (20 for a family) is not a huge amount of money for a day out - yes its more than zilch but still not extortionate

Sorry forgot to quote this was in response to fazzo
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:59 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by sassy
Oh Gawd! they are definatly common as muck if they are buying their moisurisers in Spinneys..........

Hahahah PMSL
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fazzo
:/ some people completely miss the point here... it doesnt matter where youre from, what race you are or how much money you have. at the end of the day, we ALL lose out on what was once a nice, relaxing, free place we could just chill and enjoy the little free time we have.
I get your point totally. I do sometimes like to go down to the beach and chill when i have a moment (like today)

My sympathy does extend to the people who see/saw the beach as a wee retreat from a stressfull city life.

(and to take photo's of women and children in bikini's of course)
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sassy
Oh Gawd! they are definatly common as muck if they are buying their moisturisers in Spinneys..........

good retort hahaha
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:08 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad

(and to take photo's of women and children in bikini's of course)
I have been refraining from making comments about this (I know not like me but ....) I would like to know what percentage of the "under-priviledged" are at the public beach to enjoy the sea and sand and what percentage are there to perv
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:13 am
Get Up Offa That Thing

fazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nicefazzo is just really nice

Yes I understand that but my point was 5dhs (20 for a family) is not a huge amount of money for a day out - yes its more than zilch but still not extortionate
money is not the issue here for me. on principle, i wouldnt go (too often anyway ) it would completely ruin the whole thing for me. how many of us would pay for entrance to our local public park back in the uk?
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:16 am
Its all good

Originally Posted by fazzo
money is not the issue here for me. on principle, i wouldnt go (too often anyway ) it would completely ruin the whole thing for me. how many of us would pay for entrance to our local public park back in the uk?
Yes but the local public parks in the UK are full of crap, grafitti, broken seats, dangerous and broken play equipment - need I go on
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 8:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahah PMSL
can you get armani skincare in spinneys????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.