Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Things to do in Bahrain (I'm BORED!)

Things to do in Bahrain (I'm BORED!)

Old May 19th 2021, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Things to do in Bahrain (I'm BORED!)

Currently on day 3 of my isolation in the Crowne Plaza in Bahrain and going crazy!
As my first test was negative I'm allowed to go out of the hotel now and can eat as long as not inside (supposedly the virus doesn't affect you if you are outside! LOL)

Looking for places to visit to get me out of the same 4 walls! If there are some decent bars with outside areas open at night as well that would be a bonus!

Cheers
Old May 19th 2021, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do in Bahrain (I'm BORED!)

Schwarma Alley is calling
Old May 19th 2021, 8:19 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

If you fancy a bit of shopping the city centre mall is probably the best. Loads of shops, good food court, cinema, restaurants etc.

Bahrain Fort is worth a look. 16th Century Portuguese. It's a nice hour walking around and there's a good cafe on the waterfront.

The tree of Life is a bit hard to find but okay for a drive.

Don't know if it's open but the lost paradise of Dilmun waterpark is not bad. There's also the Al Arden wildlife park close by.

It's quite a drive but the Durrat Al Bahrain development right at the bottom is worth a look. May have to talk security into letting you through the gate with a story though. There are the usual man made beaches and a few places to eat etc.

Al Budaiya beach is very nice for sunset. Popular with locals.

Also check out the Gold Souk area for a wander around, bit of souvenir shopping etc.

I don't know what's open, but for nightlife there are plenty of bars around Juffair on road 4015, or the streets behind Juffair mall. A lot of fast food joints and restaurants on Shabab Avanue.

There's also the off license in the car park of the Gulf Hotel for cheap booze. Bahrain gets pricey. And if you keep walking past the Gulf Hotel, JJs Irish bar is not far.
Old May 20th 2021, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers nonthaburi, will defo have a look at some of these. I need to make sure these place will let the 'unclean and unvaccinated' in!!

Old May 27th 2021, 4:18 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Look like Bahrain is back in lockdown, and a lot of uncertainty around getting into KSA and what happens quarantine-wise on arrival.

Old May 27th 2021, 5:15 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Look like Bahrain is back in lockdown, and a lot of uncertainty around getting into KSA and what happens quarantine-wise on arrival.
Think it's fairly straightforward. If you're showing immune on Tawakkalna just a PCR, if you don't have that you're doing the hotel quarantine so the causeway is probably out of the question anyway.

Old May 28th 2021, 7:37 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's straightforward at all. The definition of "imune" and being able to evidence that is open to wide interpretaton. Both shots in KSA and showing on the Tawakkalna app? Or a single shot in India stamped on a paper card? Will Saudia staff and/or Saudi Immigration officers be consistent in their approach? Do you book a government approved hotel in KSA in advance of arrival, just in case?
Old May 29th 2021, 1:10 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Looks like the UK is being removed from the restricted list, effective tomorrow at 01:00

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...pa-2021-05-29/
Old May 29th 2021, 5:40 pm

I don't think it's straightforward at all. The definition of "imune" and being able to evidence that is open to wide interpretaton. Both shots in KSA and showing on the Tawakkalna app? Or a single shot in India stamped on a paper card? Will Saudia staff and/or Saudi Immigration officers be consistent in their approach? Do you book a government approved hotel in KSA in advance of arrival, just in case?
Immune means immune, so as a resident if you're not showing immune on Tawakkalna, then you're not immune.

Of course, for most people that will come about through registered shots in Saudi. You only need one shot to have immune status two weeks after the shot.

It's also possible to show proof of vaccination from other countries for non residents.

https://www.saudia.com/before-flying...ional-stations
Old May 29th 2021, 5:42 pm

Looks like the UK is being removed from the restricted list, effective tomorrow at 01:00

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...pa-2021-05-29/
Still have to do a week quarantine though for the time being. But it's a start.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 5:59 pm

Latest update as of yesterday. Which means if you have an iqama, show immune on Tawakkalna, no need to quarantine on return to Saudi.

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 4:24 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Many thanks for this, much clearer immune definition.