British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Ten years from now .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ten-years-now-445887/)

Autonomy Apr 30th 2007 6:56 am

Re: Ten years from now ....

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4716606)
I know...it is extraordinary, which is why i really do need to get off my arse and do summat, drives me nuts seeing the half baked attempts at
PR that they do here...and don't even get me started on events, what a load of shite...

MM, xx

what is the best way to communicate a product launch?

In the UAE it is to have a press conference hosted by the CEO who is the worst communicator on the planet, make sure there are a random selection of "hostesses" that look ok but have never heard of the product they are "presenting". Expect the fact that the 2 hour drone of just how good the product is will attract 10% of the people that were invited (the invitees being from a 5 year out of date email database that has no relevence to the industry you are in). Don't hand out any literature at the event. Don't follow up. Under no circumstances should you try to engage the interest of a journalist...

Oh and just make sure you send out the invites to this crucial event approx 5 minutes before it starts...

Madam Medusa Apr 30th 2007 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 4716823)

In the UAE it is to have a press conference hosted by the CEO who is the worst communicator on the planet, make sure there are a random selection of "hostesses" that look ok but have never heard of the product they are "presenting". Expect the fact that the 2 hour drone of just how good the product is will attract 10% of the people that were invited (the invitees being from a 5 year out of date email database that has no relevence to the industry you are in). Don't hand out any literature at the event. Don't follow up. Under no circumstances should you try to engage the interest of a journalist...

Oh and just make sure you send out the invites to this crucial event approx 5 minutes before it starts...

lol, soooo true...and yeah, and never ever ever do any follow up or media evaluation...

MM, xx

W10 Apr 30th 2007 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 4716823)

The key component in the ME.

Give gift away to waiting lazy journos, press release is then inserted into paper verbatum with name changed.

Autonomy Apr 30th 2007 10:25 am

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4717242)
The key component in the ME.

Give gift away to waiting lazy journos, press release is then inserted into paper verbatum with name changed.

...by Staff Reporter

Blue Cat Apr 30th 2007 11:46 am

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 4716682)
Short term vacancy is it?

:lol: DCC isn't closing down anymore, just being rebuilt. :D