British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Ten years from now .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/ten-years-now-445887/)

Blue Cat Apr 29th 2007 3:49 pm

Ten years from now ....

Where do you see yourself ten years from now??? Still here (or wherever you are reading this from), in another country?? back 'home'?

BC

Madam Medusa Apr 29th 2007 3:55 pm

Re: Ten years from now ....

At the moment, i can't imagine living anywhere but here cos I love it, and I defo defo don't want to go back to the UK. Would love a stint in Hong Kong, my brother lives there and it's fab...but, who knows.

What about you BC??

MM, xx

Blue Cat Apr 29th 2007 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4713986)
At the moment, i can't imagine living anywhere but here cos I love it, and I defo defo don't want to go back to the UK. Would love a stint in Hong Kong, my brother lives there and it's fab...but, who knows.

What about you BC??

MM, xx

I am like you, I would imagine we will still be here or maybe another Emirate. I can't see me going to work either. I think that is all behind me. Might develop the DWC into something bigger and better though.

Madam Medusa Apr 29th 2007 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4714002)
I am like you, I would imagine we will still be here or maybe another Emirate. I can't see me going to work either. I think that is all behind me. Might develop the DWC into something bigger and better though.

oh i defo have to go back to doing more work. The small amount of consultancy I do is great, but I think I need summat a bit more now... Mind you, I've been saying that for the past year and haven't got off my arse to do anything about it...so that's probably what I'll be telling you in 10 years time too, lol!

MM, xx

Blue Cat Apr 29th 2007 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4714014)
oh i defo have to go back to doing more work. The small amount of consultancy I do is great, but I think I need summat a bit more now... Mind you, I've been saying that for the past year and haven't got off my arse to do anything about it...so that's probably what I'll be telling you in 10 years time too, lol!

MM, xx

I am going to do more freelance PR as well but I am in no rush!!!

Madam Medusa Apr 29th 2007 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4714031)
I am going to do more freelance PR as well but I am in no rush!!!

the thing is, i reckon good PR people could earn a fortune here, the state of the PR and events industry for that matter is shocking...

MM, xx

novita77 Apr 29th 2007 4:11 pm

6 years ago when we arrive in Doha, we plan 10 years, nearly finish our 6th now, and so far we love it. I guess we will still be here 10 years later under presents circumstances.

MM, i like HK or Singapore too. It is nice to live there when you have money ... If you don't then you doomed :D

IndieG Apr 29th 2007 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by novita77 (Post 4714042)
6 years ago when we arrive in Doha, we plan 10 years, nearly finish our 6th now, and so far we love it. I guess we will still be here 10 years later under presents circumstances.

MM, i like HK or Singapore too. It is nice to live there when you have money ... If you don't then you doomed :D

I can't stand the weather in Singapore.

Hong Kong - well put it this way - Dubai rents pale in comparison. But I loved it - accommodation was provided by the employer then!

Miss Eck Apr 29th 2007 4:20 pm

It's a toss up between Kazakstan, SA or China. A nice mixed bag!

novita77 Apr 29th 2007 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4714084)
It's a toss up between Kazakstan, SA or China. A nice mixed bag!

u would probably ended up as TS neighbour :p

Miss Eck Apr 29th 2007 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by novita77 (Post 4714093)
u would probably ended up as TS neighbour :p

he can show me all great sites!

welcome back .. I was wondering where you were. How was the wedding?

novita77 Apr 29th 2007 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by IndieGirl (Post 4714071)
I can't stand the weather in Singapore.

Hong Kong - well put it this way - Dubai rents pale in comparison. But I loved it - accommodation was provided by the employer then!

Lived there for 2 years ... my impression everything there is very high speed. I don't mix much with another expats since i am working ... my husband working 12 hrs a day. We never have the same day off.

Don't think the place would be good place to raise family.

But again if the husband can earn top $$$ there ... why not? Last time i read in Singapore local paper, they are shortage of banker.

I rather to have Singapore weather than Qatar if you can choose. But then again beggers can not be choosers.

novita77 Apr 29th 2007 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Miss Eck (Post 4714099)
he can show me all great sites!

welcome back .. I was wondering where you were. How was the wedding?

lol ... wedding was last year :( ... i wasn't there :( ... i just got the photos from my bro on my last visits home.

Didnt know that Mr Eck could sing :confused:

Miss Eck Apr 29th 2007 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by novita77 (Post 4714114)
lol ... wedding was last year :( ... i wasn't there :( ... i just got the photos from my bro on my last visits home.

Didnt know that Mr Eck could sing :confused:

Oh, I thought it was a recent wedding! Nice cake!

Mr Eck is Robbie!!!

W10 Apr 29th 2007 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 4714039)
the thing is, i reckon good PR people could earn a fortune here, the state of the PR and events industry for that matter is shocking...

MM, xx

It's beyond shocking. I know people getting paid 25k plus who couldn't spot a good PR opportunity if it smacked them in the nuts.