Temp Abu Dhabi

Old Feb 19th 2010, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

madmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp Abu Dhabi

Hi all

Going to be spending a bit of time in Abu Dhabi for work but have no idea about places to go etc etc. I know i get fridays and saturdays off but dunno what to do with my time. Any ideas? Plus anything intresting to do in the evenings. Looking to meet new people out there if possible...

Thanks

Mad
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Temp Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has arguably the most impressive mosque outside the Magic Kingdom so you can always pray in your spare time.
Old Feb 21st 2010, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by madmuppet
Hi all

Mad
Apparently that username is going to upset quite a few sensitive souls...
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Going to be spending a bit of time in Abu Dhabi for work but have no idea about places to go etc etc. I know i get fridays and saturdays off but dunno what to do with my time. Any ideas? Plus anything intresting to do in the evenings. Looking to meet new people out there if possible...

Thanks

Mad
Captains at Le Meridien, Oceans/Sax/PJs at Royal Meridien, Hemingways at Hilton er, that's about it
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:09 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks

Mad
There are lots of clubs and organisations depending on what you want : running, sailing, choral, off-roading.

couchsurfing.org has a page for Abu Dhabi and they are always meeting up for drinks etc.

abudhabitourism.ae has a list of whats on as does tdic.ae

timeoutabudhabi.com or buy their magazine, or there is a new free mag (cant remember the name of it) thats available all over the place with whats happening and some articles

Then depending on your nationality, there may be a group in Abu Dhabi such as adscots.com or irishsocietyabudhabi.com and they are always having events and things.

Finally, what about joining a business group?

Good luck.