Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

A taste of the Middle East.

A taste of the Middle East.

Old Oct 5th 2006, 8:51 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default A taste of the Middle East.

Felt a bit homesick last night, popped out to a club in London called Umbaba which has a strong African/Middle eastern type them...a few drinks later i had a major urge for a chicken shawarma.

Off i go in a taxi to Edgware road.
It would seem that you cannot find any decent shawarma's in central or south London, i dont know why, but once you hit Edgware road there are loads of them.!!

Anyway one giant shwarma and pickles later, all is well with the world..

just thought id share that with you...............

hope you all have a great weekend
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A taste of the Middle East.

lol, I had chickenshwarma as well last night, only had to go to the bottom of the street (well, I send the kids )....3 dhs per piece....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:19 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
lol, I had chickenshwarma as well last night, only had to go to the bottom of the street (well, I send the kids )....3 dhs per piece....
Unfortunately mine were £4.00 each (27.5AED)

but this is rip off Britain after all
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Unfortunately mine were £4.00 each (27.5AED)

but this is rip off Britain after all
next time you're here, I buy you some....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:32 am
Up in the air

next time you're here, I buy you some....
thanks! but it will have to be from the "Beruit" Shawarma shop on
Al Dhiyafa Road.....thems are the best!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:33 am
hmmmm...nice

only the best is good enough for you
ok, we'll go Dutch...
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Actually , the price here is 4 ( four ) Euros ( about Sterling 2,75 ) , in the uptown Capital of EUroLand :
for a generous chicken or beef one , real-juicy and succulent , laden with fresh greens/tomato salads , mint , white sauce...;
Eat-In ( Mont Liban , fully licensed restaurant ) , or Take Away ;
Terrific meal , never failed to please me once - and I have been a customer there for 7 years now !
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:37 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Ray51
Actually , the price here is 4 ( four ) Euros ( about Sterling 2,75 ) , in the uptown Capital of EUroLand :
for a generous chicken or beef one , real-juicy and succulent , laden with fresh greens/tomato salads , mint , white sauce...;
Terrific meal , never failed to please me once - and I have been a customer there for 7 years now !
Well, we'll come over to your place then....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Well, we'll come over to your place then....
Welcome , anytime soon !
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:45 am
hmmmm...nice

Welcome , anytime soon !
haha, you'd be surprised...
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:48 am
Up in the air

Well going from central London to Edgware road was a bit of a trek, just for some chicken shavings....Brussels is just that bit too far!

However, if im ever there ill give it a try !!!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:54 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Felt a bit homesick last night, popped out to a club in London called Umbaba which has a strong African/Middle eastern type them...a few drinks later i had a major urge for a chicken shawarma.

Off i go in a taxi to Edgware road.
It would seem that you cannot find any decent shawarma's in central or south London, i dont know why, but once you hit Edgware road there are loads of them.!!

Anyway one giant shwarma and pickles later, all is well with the world..

just thought id share that with you...............

hope you all have a great weekend
Very good..

I'd love a taste of the ME...

When are you back did you say
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:59 am
hmmmm...nice

yes, pls come, we'll have a night out, dance around our handbags....
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:03 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh Diyafa Street very close to moi, will have to give those a go, i have had a fair few shawarma's in my time *she says grabbing hold of her zimmer* i will let you know the verdict

There isnt much i would miss about the ME but when i left Saudi, SiD was one of them pmsl....oooh what i'd give for a good sid & coke . Yup abd Shawarma would be another, beats a donner kebab anyday in my book!

RT
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:04 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, pls come, we'll have a night out, dance around our handbags....
Love to....!

Flew here via Dubai last October when I visited UK, and thought I'd just love to see it...looked great !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.