Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Summer Hotel Deals - Liwa and Jebel Dannat

Summer Hotel Deals - Liwa and Jebel Dannat

Old Jul 5th 2007, 3:51 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Summer Hotel Deals - Liwa and Jebel Dannat

Lots of good deals on just now.

Have done quite few of the hotels around and was thinking of trying either Liwa or Jebel Dannat for a night or 2 stay.

I know they are both miles and miles away. I know that the Ban Yas island thing is not open at Dannat currently...

Has anyway been to either place? What are they like for a day or so of relaxing at the pool etc? Food, drinks outlets ok?

Cheers!

Auto.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:31 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Summer Hotel Deals - Liwa and Jebel Dannat

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Lots of good deals on just now.

Have done quite few of the hotels around and was thinking of trying either Liwa or Jebel Dannat for a night or 2 stay.

I know they are both miles and miles away. I know that the Ban Yas island thing is not open at Dannat currently...

Has anyway been to either place? What are they like for a day or so of relaxing at the pool etc? Food, drinks outlets ok?

Cheers!

Auto.

A friend of mine went to Jebel Dannat a couple of months ago and loved it. She said it was well worth the drive.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:32 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
A friend of mine went to Jebel Dannat a couple of months ago and loved it. She said it was well worth the drive.
what is av price of a fairly decent hotel in dubai, any ideas, will be looking sept/oct time. have looked online but they seem to guid you towards top end types
Old Jul 5th 2007, 7:39 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mythic
what is av price of a fairly decent hotel in dubai, any ideas, will be looking sept/oct time. have looked online but they seem to guid you towards top end types
Depends on what you class as decent and if you want a beach hotel. It will be Ramadan in mid Sep so there will be some cheap deals around. Have a look at www.hotelclub.net and that will give you a good idea of costs.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:16 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Depends on what you class as decent and if you want a beach hotel. It will be Ramadan in mid Sep so there will be some cheap deals around. Have a look at www.hotelclub.net and that will give you a good idea of costs.
thank you will look into it now
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:23 pm
A slow driver!

lillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to beholdlillygirl is a splendid one to behold

You're right when you say Liwa Hotel is miles away. I don't really think it's worth the drive at this time of the year if you aren't going to be able to go into the desert at all. Whenever I've been into the hotel (after a camping trip in Liwa) it's always been very quiet. It's fairly old and doesn't seem to have much atmosphere. Think most of their guests are Russians. Pool is OK, but probably a little hot at the moment to spend much time there. Nothing at all to do in Liwa to entertain yourselves.

Can't recommend Liwa enough though for a fab driving and camping experience. Worth leaving a trip down there till you can do that.

I'd go to Fujeriah! We went last weekend and it was so much cooler that Dubai and the sea was perfect.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:36 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lillygirl
You're right when you say Liwa Hotel is miles away. I don't really think it's worth the drive at this time of the year if you aren't going to be able to go into the desert at all. Whenever I've been into the hotel (after a camping trip in Liwa) it's always been very quiet. It's fairly old and doesn't seem to have much atmosphere. Think most of their guests are Russians. Pool is OK, but probably a little hot at the moment to spend much time there. Nothing at all to do in Liwa to entertain yourselves.

Can't recommend Liwa enough though for a fab driving and camping experience. Worth leaving a trip down there till you can do that.

I'd go to Fujeriah! We went last weekend and it was so much cooler that Dubai and the sea was perfect.
hmmm... i did wonder - where did you go? Al Aqa? Was in Bab Al Shams last month which was nice...
Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:48 pm
W10

Jebel Dannat is really nice, but you should wait until Sir Bani Yas island is open. It's not that far either three to four hours should get you there. Also nice places to stop on the way and picnic on unspoilt beaches.

The new Rotana in Fujairah has deals on at the moment too - Dh200 a night

Old Jul 5th 2007, 12:59 pm
Powered by cows

Originally Posted by W10
Jebel Dannat is really nice, but you should wait until Sir Bani Yas island is open. It's not that far either three to four hours should get you there. Also nice places to stop on the way and picnic on unspoilt beaches.

The new Rotana in Fujairah has deals on at the moment too - Dh200 a night
the rotana - does it have a beach anymore after Gonu? Is it all open now, restaurants etc? Or are you just as well to go to Al Aqa?
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:19 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

We had two nights at the Hilton Al Ain last week. Really enjoyed the break from here and only about an hours drive or so. 380 a night.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

The Dannat is a very nice hotel - spent 5 weeks there courteousy of the company when working at the nearby Ruwais Industrial Complex. It is very quiet though; generally speaking I would say the majority of guests are there on business at Ruwais, but if you like peace and quiet I could definately think of far worse places to be. Nice pool and in pool bar, good gym. Beautiful views out onto the gulf if you don't mind the tankers out there at the moorings.

Food is very good at the main restaurant, or they do have a very nice gourmet restaurant also. The bar is ok, and often reasonably busy on weekends as you get quite a few people from then nearby Ruwais Housing complex going there (mind you, after spending 5 weeks there, I felt it was a "crusie ship bar" like!). Prices are fairly steep however; its not like you can just go somewhere else

As an alternative, you mind consider the Hilton in Ras Al Khaimar (completely other end of the UAE, I know; but closer to you) - similar price, very nice and picturesque up there, not quite so isolatated; or one of the hilltop hotels up there.

Last edited by Dan725; Jul 5th 2007 at 6:31 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 6:01 am