Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Staying in Ajman 3 months... any info on CBOD building?

Staying in Ajman 3 months... any info on CBOD building?

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Staying in Ajman 3 months... any info on CBOD building?

firstly i was told Dubai is where we would be staying so i researched everything, then i was told Sharjah so again i did lots of research, now its Ajman and i know nothing.....

Ive been told we are staying in the CBOD building, does anyone know where this is or have a bit more information.... Google is failing terribly this morning and i dont have time to look around, lots of packing and sorting to do!!

Thanks

A distraught Mrs Haps
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:44 am
W10

Default Re: Staying in Ajman 3 months... any info on CBOD building?

Wouldn't stay in the laguna beach hotel!!

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10217908.html

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:57 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
firstly i was told Dubai is where we would be staying so i researched everything, then i was told Sharjah so again i did lots of research, now its Ajman and i know nothing.....

Ive been told we are staying in the CBOD building, does anyone know where this is or have a bit more information.... Google is failing terribly this morning and i dont have time to look around, lots of packing and sorting to do!!

Thanks

A distraught Mrs Haps

CBOD - does that stand for City Bank of Dubai? there is a bank on Ajman on the corner near the roundabout and it is in a newish building, maybe that is it? shit you are gonna be bored
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

ah hey man i cannit be deeeeeing with this not knowing!!!!

Where the hell have they put us!!

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
CBOD - does that stand for City Bank of Dubai? there is a bank on Ajman on the corner near the roundabout and it is in a newish building, maybe that is it? shit you are gonna be bored
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

its just for 3 months probation eh??
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
its just for 3 months probation eh??
Yes apparently! It bloody better be!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yes apparently! It bloody better be!!
yea, they gave us a 2 bed villa in mirdiff in Dubai when we first arrived.

After the probation, which he will be working illegally on a visit visa no doubt, just state bluntly (you have to trust me) that you are not living there and you want to move to dubai.

The company will see if they have any available houses for you. They were about to give us a company house in the springs when i left..or they will offer you an allowance which would have been average in 2003.

re-arrange the following

stone middle stepping other east jobs to
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Ive actually just emailed stating we were told at the interview stage we would be placed in Sharjah and why arent we. It is going to be a nightmare for me as we were going to look at the Mirdiff area for after the 4 month probabtion as i have arranged interviews for *************! I certainly do not want to do the trip from Ajman to Dubai every bloody day, i will spend more time in the car!!

yea, they gave us a 2 bed villa in mirdiff in Dubai when we first arrived.

After the probation, which he will be working illegally on a visit visa no doubt, just state bluntly (you have to trust me) that you are not living there and you want to move to dubai.

The company will see if they have any available houses for you. They were about to give us a company house in the springs when i left..or they will offer you an allowance which would have been average in 2003.

re-arrange the following

stone middle stepping other east jobs to
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive actually just emailed stating we were told at the interview stage we would be placed in Sharjah and why arent we. It is going to be a nightmare for me as we were going to look at the Mirdiff area for after the 4 month probabtion as i have arranged interviews for *************! I certainly do not want to do the trip from Ajman to Dubai every bloody day, i will spend more time in the car!!
4 month probation?? its went up and i take it they will not process the residence visa until this is up? (thats what they did with me), so you have to do a visa run..

maybe they have changed it all since i left, it was a few years ago now..

when it comes to work, they are a good company...their HR type thing is plainly shocking..
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry it is 3 months, too busy looking all over the web and talking on here, but yes they expect all documentation to be ready when you arrive. I have had first hand experience of the HR and it is pretty crap.

Why have the ***** the word Dubai?!

4 month probation?? its went up and i take it they will not process the residence visa until this is up? (thats what they did with me), so you have to do a visa run..

maybe they have changed it all since i left, it was a few years ago now..

when it comes to work, they are a good company...their HR type thing is plainly shocking..
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry it is 3 months, too busy looking all over the web and talking on here, but yes they expect all documentation to be ready when you arrive. I have had first hand experience of the HR and it is pretty crap.

Why have the ***** the word Dubai?!
sorry, but they do not have any work in 'dubai' per say..

in fact the future is way past Ajman..
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Well you are correct, apparently the bank is on the ground floor and above that is the residence however i can not find a single bloody thing about the accommodation!!! Im certainly not happy about living above a bank, i can only begin to imagine how bloody busy it is going to be!

If anyone can shed any light i would be really grateful!

Thanks

K
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well you are correct, apparently the bank is on the ground floor and above that is the residence however i can not find a single bloody thing about the accommodation!!! Im certainly not happy about living above a bank, i can only begin to imagine how bloody busy it is going to be!

If anyone can shed any light i would be really grateful!

Thanks

K
BUSY!!! your joking it's Ajman FFS!! nothing happens in Ajman, it won't be busy I can assure you of that