squash in Dubai

Old Mar 14th 2012, 10:39 am
Just Joined

gdn47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question squash in Dubai

I have just arrived in Dubai and have been told that there is a squash league but I am finding it extremely difficult to get any further information. I would appreciate any info on squash or squash clubs.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: squash in Dubai

Originally Posted by gdn47
I have just arrived in Dubai and have been told that there is a squash league but I am finding it extremely difficult to get any further information. I would appreciate any info on squash or squash clubs.
Must admit you don't hear much about the squash league these days. Nothing in local papers for example. Think it peaked in the late 80's early 90's. When I arrived in 1985 just one venue The Dubai Country Club had 36 boxes of 5 players and 3 courts so it was hard to book a court to complete your 4 matches each month. I am long retired from the court! Good luck.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

I used to play squash twice a week in Jeddah. Since moving to Dubai, zilch. Say no more. Better and more interesting things to do I guess.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:02 am
Just Joined

gdn47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, lads. What about tennis???
Old Mar 15th 2012, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I've been trying to start playing again, so far I'm limited to two people I know who's buildings have courts.
Old Mar 15th 2012, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Squash League was Andy Staines who was the Chairman of the CC. Think he is still around but not seen him for a while. Trawl the dodgy Kareokee sic bars he loves to sing.
Old May 14th 2012, 10:58 am
Just Joined

maruf59 is an unknown quantity at this point

if u r still searching try jumeirah beach hotel for squash clinics every tues, thurs and Sat. Organized by Nicky - cell no. 050 4507762
Old May 14th 2012, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

sian4776 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are moving to Abu Dhabi in the summer and my husband is a very keen squash player. Is there a league in Abu Dhabi that anyone knows of? Or anyone interested in getting together (from Sept onwards) to play with him?
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sian4776
We are moving to Abu Dhabi in the summer and my husband is a very keen squash player. Is there a league in Abu Dhabi that anyone knows of? Or anyone interested in getting together (from Sept onwards) to play with him?
Resurrecting and hijacking an old thread here, but does anyone know of a squash coach in Abu Dhabi?