The Springs

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

mariang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Springs

Does anyone live in Springs 9, street 7? Any info would be appreciated
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Springs

why...
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Because in less than 2 weeks that will be my new abode!!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:22 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mariang
Because in less than 2 weeks that will be my new abode!!
congratulations...
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

I only hope it is - had negative opinion on another site saying that these villas are real pokey.....I appreciate they may be smaller than I have here, but I hope that they were exaggerating!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

I only hope it is - had negative opinion on another site saying that these villas are real pokey.....I appreciate they may be smaller than I have here, but I hope that they were exaggerating!!!
well...they are not very big, but there are different types...I think 3 bedroom + maidsroom are the biggest ones...
there's a few posters on here that live in Springs so they may be able to tell you more...
it's a very large estate with loads and loads of the same houses, with 'lakes' in between, there are swimming pools, play areas and there are little shopping centres where you can get your daily type stuff, a few schools...

Last edited by MataHari; Jul 22nd 2008 at 5:42 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ours is a 2 bed and maids room. Are the lakes freshwater or sea water? And do people swim in them or fish or just look at them [just wondering what there relevance was?] Another question is can you get gas ovens or is it more popular to get electric as I know that you have to use large gas bottles?? Are electrical appliances cheaper/same as UK?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

Ours is a 2 bed and maids room. Are the lakes freshwater or sea water? And do people swim in them or fish or just look at them [just wondering what there relevance was?] Another question is can you get gas ovens or is it more popular to get electric as I know that you have to use large gas bottles?? Are electrical appliances cheaper/same as UK?
oh no the 'lakes' are only to look at...lol...some of the ads for the houses will say lakeview...you'll laugh when you see what that's like...
Gas is widely used, but you can get electric ones as well...
No idea about prices, as I am not from the UK...
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

are you Australian then? There seems a lot of Aussies in Dubai.... or at least share views on these sites.
By the way this says British Expats.com???????
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh no the 'lakes' are only to look at...lol...some of the ads for the houses will say lakeview...you'll laugh when you see what that's like...
Gas is widely used, but you can get electric ones as well...
No idea about prices, as I am not from the UK...
I thought the lakes were there for the Mossies to breed!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thats all I needed to hear!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

crw1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Springs is a pleasant area of Dubai to live and is close to most of the major amenities that you could want and need on a daily basis. The only issue at present are the large scale roadworks which are ongoing- as they effectively build a "highway" through the back of it. If you had an option I would tend to try and keep away from anything with a lake view as a) it's not much of a view and b) as mentioned above its simply a breeding ground for mosquitos.

Size wise the 2 bed from memory is around 1,700 sqft, whether you find that pokey or not very much depend on what you are coming from. We live in a 3 bed at Arabian Ranches which is around 2,500 sqft and for the two of us we pretty much rattle around the place- that's coming from a 1,500 sq ft duplex apartment in central London.

Electrical appliances on the whole are cheaper than in the UK- particularly dishwashers, washing machines and fridge freezers- not massively cheaper but certainly cheaper. We were able to buy a top of the range Siemens oven (gas- with the bottle supply outside the house in the driveway), dishwasher, washing machine and American style fridge for around the AED 13,000 mark- including an extended warranty. There are a wide choice of manufacturers. Try Jackys the electrical store.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chris
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:00 am
hmmmm...nice

are you Australian then? There seems a lot of Aussies in Dubai.... or at least share views on these sites.
By the way this says British Expats.com???????
yes....this says British Expat.com....but I take no notice of that...
and I am not Aussie....in fact, I can't think of any Aussies posting on here...
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

2 bed in springs....i lived in one for a year and trust me, they are frigging tiny.

You are in springs 9 so they dont have the open plan kitchen living area. which means that your living room is so small that you really only need a 14" television to view comfortably from your sofa. They dont have maids rooms. (maids rooms are usually ensuite so the maid can actually wash) you have a study which is tiny. There is a wee bit at the front of the house that can hold a fridge and a washing machine.
Upstairs you have 2 bedrooms, no landing nothing. both are ensuite though.

best thing about the springs is the location.

and you will have a couple of communial swimming pools also..

if there is just 2 of you then its managable. When our baba came along, we bailed out...
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

for electrical appliances, unless the company is paying, i never buy brand new as there are so many expats leaving, there are really really good bargains to be had

yesterday i got a 6 month old whirlpool dishwasher for 500AED cost new well over 1000AED

and a top of the range gas hob, electric oven Smeg for 1500AED price new 4500AED ( this was 1 year old)

look on dubizzle, souq.com or expatwoman classified (BC does that for me)

good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.