Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Spouse and working

Spouse and working

Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

ddavies73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse and working

My wife is getting board at home, and is thinking about getting a job to get her out of the house.

The thought is something simple like administration or in the hospital taking blood. The reason for doing something in that area is that we have found it a pain to get qualifications attested from the US.

What is the ball field wage out there for this type of work? Does she need to change her residence visa? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse and working

Originally Posted by ddavies73 View Post
My wife is getting board at home, and is thinking about getting a job to get her out of the house.

The thought is something simple like administration or in the hospital taking blood. The reason for doing something in that area is that we have found it a pain to get qualifications attested from the US.

What is the ball field wage out there for this type of work? Does she need to change her residence visa? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks for any help.
no issue with the visa, you just have to sign a letter of no objection and her work will sort out the rest...not sure taking blood is something simple though, is it...thought they had to have special qualifications...

MM, xx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:41 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa View Post
no issue with the visa, you just have to sign a letter of no objection and her work will sort out the rest...not sure taking blood is something simple though, is it...thought they had to have special qualifications...

MM, xx
Dracula has no qualifications....

But I love the way you sell up your spouses abilities, ddavies, something simple like.... hehehe. Hope the spouse doesn't see that!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Dracula has no qualifications....
but then he didn't need to use any tools...

MM, xx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

ddavies73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks MM for the advice on the visa.

As for the something simple, I didn't mean that she is simple and is limited in her abilities. I just didn't want people asking if she could be employed in an area that required a qualification.

Actually, in US you do need a phlebotomy qualification, which she does have....... but that is cuz the US is sue happy
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddavies73 View Post
Thanks MM for the advice on the visa.

As for the something simple, I didn't mean that she is simple and is limited in her abilities. I just didn't want people asking if she could be employed in an area that required a qualification.

Actually, in US you do need a phlebotomy qualification, which she does have....... but that is cuz the US is sue happy
Hey, it's not us you need to convince....

I had a lobotomy twice, does that mean I can take brains in hopsitool?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

If she gets a job let me know where at so I can avoid the place if ever I need blood taking
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:20 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Live for now View Post
If she gets a job let me know where at so I can avoid the place if ever I need blood taking
aww, that's nasty! A phlebotomy qualification may be all you need - certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!

By "simple" I imagine you also mean something that you can do your hours and leave, no worry, no overtime... I'd say "childcare" would be another option, but then again... that involves children, and they can be strange.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:50 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty View Post
aww, that's nasty! A phlebotomy qualification may be all you need - certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!

By "simple" I imagine you also mean something that you can do your hours and leave, no worry, no overtime... I'd say "childcare" would be another option, but then again... that involves children, and they can be strange.
A phlebotomy; does that involve phlegm?

Oooh nooo, not a job I'd want!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Rapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really nice

certainly some nurses in the NHS don't even seem to know where your veins are!
Nurses always know where to find the veins they want