Reload this Page >

Sponsoring husband for Dubai residence

Sponsoring husband for Dubai residence

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

NicolaQL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring husband for Dubai residence

Hello,

We are thinking of making a move to Dubai in September. I will be applying for jobs in the legal sector (support staff). My husband is in his 60's and more or less retired so will not be working.

I understand from the British Embassy website that a wife can only sponsor her husband if she works as a doctor, nurse, teacher, engineer or other profession related to the medical sector and with a salary not less than
AED10K or AED8K + accommodation.

Can anyone advise me how to deal with my husband's residence given the above? Perhaps another forum member is in the same situation as I would be?

Just wondering if my husband could simply continue to have his visitor's visa renewed?

Thanks for your time.

Nicola
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring husband for Dubai residence

Originally Posted by NicolaQL
Hello,

We are thinking of making a move to Dubai in September. I will be applying for jobs in the legal sector (support staff). My husband is in his 60's and more or less retired so will not be working.

I understand from the British Embassy website that a wife can only sponsor her husband if she works as a doctor, nurse, teacher, engineer or other profession related to the medical sector and with a salary not less than
AED10K or AED8K + accommodation.

Can anyone advise me how to deal with my husband's residence given the above? Perhaps another forum member is in the same situation as I would be?

Just wondering if my husband could simply continue to have his visitor's visa renewed?

Thanks for your time.

Nicola
this will be very difficult on many levels, not least because if you're not earning that sort of salary, you will really, really stuggle, it's phenomenally expensive here...

aside from that...if you go the visa run route, not only is it going to cost you a lot of money, you'd need to check what the medical cover situation is, i can't imagine that your husband would get insurance to be honest, but others will know for sure...

MM, xx
Old Jul 4th 2009, 4:58 am
Just Joined

linda.verde is an unknown quantity at this point

I know of many women who sponsor their husbands but they are all senior management, and I thought you had to earn 40K per month before it would be considered or be working as a teacher, doctor etc.

Beware the cost of living is very high here and as someone else suggested getting health insurance might be an issue.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
this will be very difficult on many levels, not least because if you're not earning that sort of salary, you will really, really stuggle, it's phenomenally expensive here...

aside from that...if you go the visa run route, not only is it going to cost you a lot of money, you'd need to check what the medical cover situation is, i can't imagine that your husband would get insurance to be honest, but others will know for sure...

MM, xx
Thanks for your advice.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 5:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by linda.verde
I know of many women who sponsor their husbands but they are all senior management, and I thought you had to earn 40K per month before it would be considered or be working as a teacher, doctor etc.

Beware the cost of living is very high here and as someone else suggested getting health insurance might be an issue.
Thanks for your advice.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linda.verde

how many teachers and nurses earn 40K a month? it is not do with the salary but the Profession. Previously Nurses, Doctors and Teachers have been allowed to sponsor their spouses as their professions are deemed as needed to develop the Country. This was extended a few years back to Engineers and I think the legal Profession though I am not 100% sure.

Getting the Insurance cover for a 60 year old would be the problem unless you have had private insurance in the UK for some time that could be extended I think you would have problems. I would see what the Company who employs you say about the situation before making any real commitment.