Spending Power

Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Spending Power

A message from TS in regards to me appearing to have more spending power than others has sparked me to open a new thread.

First of all, what is spending power?

Spending power might mean to someone, to be able to buy some bread and milk. Someone else to be able to have a roof above the head. For others to be able to afford a night out occasionaly, a short break away or even a holiday. Perhaps some horse power and like a Xmas wish list, spending power becomes abused. We want more and more and more. I used to be one of those calculating what I would be able to afford next. No more. Have come to realize that there are things in life, I cannot compensate with spending power and they are by far superior.

Let me tell you a story.... Anyone not interested, just skip the boring bit and just read the end. This one is for you Novita. I recall you saying that you were looking forward to another essay. Here it goes....

There was a little girl who was born in Switzerland to Czech refugees, who came to the country with one plastic bag on the last train they could catch out of their homeland which was closing it's borders to allow free movement and speech.

This girl had a very decent and happy childhood, despite the mother abusing her and suffering from bullies at school but the father and friends were compensating for any pain. There was very little money available in the household and the little girl was taught about the beauties of life without the need of luxuries. She grew into a kind and shy young lady who wouldn't harm a fly. Despite suffering as a child of refugees and enduring some racism, even from teachers, who made sure that foreigners had no access to becoming teachers themselves. One of ther teachers had very clearly told her, that Switzerland needs people who clean up their shit in the public toilets and she would be very welcome to take up that career. She didn't loose face and knew, she had to work even harder on her studies, which was a struggle at times, as teachers were instructed to keep the marks of foreign children down, to keep unemployment amongst their own nationals at bay.

Despite all the odds, she didn't give up and managed to climb up the ladder just nicely. She saved every penny she made to make her feel secure for her future. She had no need to spend her hard earned money on expensive clothing, beauty products, nightclubs, cinemas but instead contributed to her parents expenses. With time, the savings grew and multiplied, while others at her age with the same earnings, had nothing. Who had more spending power? I am not sure? Are you? What was the envy of others towards that young lady? Oh, you have so much money, you are so lucky. Really? Well, others couldn't see that they had already spend and enjoyed their money, all they could see, someone had more but how that was possible was being ignored.

The same young lady, ventured out to other countries to further her career and improve her language skills. She met a young men who put a magic spell on her. She found the one and only prince she had dreamt of as a little girl. She knew, through her dreams while growing up, that one day, her destiny would be the Middle East. Little did she know that it really would become reality without even planning it.

This magic prince didn't have even 1 Dirham in his pocket. He worked long and tiring hours. As a waiter during the day and as a nightclub manager at nights and his income didn't exceed Dhs 2,000 a months in the UK. The young couple desperately wanted to be together but legal matters didn't allow them to. The prince was an Iranian refugee who was stranded in the UK, after his father had send him for studies at a tender age of 14 and a year later his father had passed away and his 18 siblings just forgot about him. He was number 19 in the family and therefore the youngest. He had to abandon his studies and start to wash dishes in a restaurant, after having enjoyed being driven to school by a chaufeur and drawing money from his account at any time he wished. Of course the account got closed down and emptied by greedy family members. He didn't give up and worked his way up.

The prince was begging his sunshine to move to the UK and live with him forever. It wasn't possible to tie the not, as authorities would not recognize a marriage between an Iranian national with refugee status and a non EC member. Sunshine asked her prince to be patient and if god would want them to be together he will make them strong to fight for the right to do so. The prince and sunshine lived for 2 years apart and talked a lot over the phone, while sunshine was busy saving money, to be able to move and live independently without a burden to her prince or the government. After 2 years, the pain of seperation became unbearable and she had to give up her career for the warmth of a home with her prince. They purchased through a mortgage a run down reposessed tiny apartment and did it up cheaply and lived happily every after.

Oh, no sorry, the story doesn't end here. Prince's friend offered him a job to run a restaurant which he after much consideration agreed to. At the last minute, his friend changed his mind and offered it to prince to lease for one year. Disappointed about the change, he took up the challenge. Within a year of total financial struggle, he made the place a success. The friend and owner bursting with envy, decided to take the place back at the end of the contract. There they were, stranded on what to do, with nothing left in their pockets, as all the hard earned money went for VAT and tax.

They didn't give up and went in search for another place to open as a restaurant. They found a run down place, without electricity and with their own hands and no help from the banks, as they had nothing to show for and were way too young to be helped, they managed to open their very own restaurant after several months of slavery and scrapping every penny or fils if you like.

They were very lucky as the place took off straight away and all those who had bad mouthed their venture as being crazy, couldn't believe their eyes. Friends started to make themselves known from every corner that had previously magicaly disappeared. Even family members got to hear about the success and managed to cheat their lives back into prince's heart. It took years to pay off the debts. To keep the story short, they opened along the way a video shop next door, which was eventually closed down to allow for expansion of the restaurant. Another 2 restaurants and a Take-Away came along, eventually followed by refurbishment of apartments and houses and resulting in their own construction business. During all those years, sunshine managed to keep up her job in a language school and work for an accountant, as well as doing all the day to day running of their businesses.

They were living a very busy and happy life supporting 100 members of prince's family. Sunshine never knew how large his family was, as he hardly spoke of anyone except his mother and father when they had met.

One day, sunshine had a panic attack and felt that time was wisking away and it was time to think about their own future generation, before they had finished thinking, they were blessed with a son and shortly after with a daughter. The sunshine's perspective on life changed and she no longer was the happy soul she once had been. She was living with her children in a 6 bedroomed, all en-suite house with a large living space, playroom, office and indoor swimmingpool. The 1/2 acre land gave the children lots of running space. Sunshine's humble upbringing didn't make her feel homely in such a large place, despite having dreamt of her own palace one day. She desperately clung onto her small Nissan Micra, despite her husband pushing for a more prestige car, she didn't accept any home help, as she had to do it since the age of 4 and it was normal to her to look after a house, garden and children. Not much to do for the husband, as he was never home anyway.

Life became meaningless without the presence of her prince. Her babies were growing up without knowing their fathers face. She had all she could wish for that she had worked so hard for, but her heart was empty. She felt, she couldn't offer her children the sort of happiness she had as a child and needed to do some dramatic changes. She wanted to run away from it all but knew, even if prince wasn't around, she couldn't take the children away from him. He started to think of her options in life and it soon became aparent that the only place that could bring them toghether was another country. She was a well travelled lady and knew that no country in the world can make up for once unhappiness. Every place comes with it's ups and downs. After detailed evaluation and a years observations, she came to the conclusion that Dubai was the only place for them to continue their faith.

She was willing to give up everything for a new challenge. Prince wanted to buy her a nice villa in Dubai but she refused. Prince had already bought 2 apartments for his family from Iran to enjoy when they come for holiday and tried out his risky mind on a purchase on The Palm as an investment. She asked to move into one of those apartments. She just wanted a new start in life and where better to start than on the lower steps of a ladder to experience the whole joy of climbing the ladder. Family members managed to abuse prince's kindness and were gradually eating up his earnings and enjoying life to the full while throughout the years sunshine had continued her humble life. She used to shop in Catalogue return shops, never spend a penny on beauty products, due to her believe in inner beauty, hanged on to her clothes from her young age and calculated every penny she was spending. Sunshine and prince, never had the time to spend their money on nights out, as they were too busy working, while others were throwing away money on alcohol, drugs, clothes, beauty salons, take-aways, dinner parties, they were adding their earnings to the things that were more visible to the naked eye and not just consumed within a day.

People were envying them, ended up even jealous for no reason. Once more, they were being reminded that their spending power was greater than that of others but it really is all down to each individual, which way they like to spend their money and cannot be compared.

THE END....

Please, everyone, whenever you feel, that someone else has more money than you, think first, why and how that is possible and compare it with what you spend your money on and what the counterpart does with it.

Put 10 people together who have the same chance in life and the same earnings and see where they all will be one year down the line. Not one of them will end up with the same money in the pocket like the others. There are many factors in life which dictate what we all end up having and we should all feel happy for others being successfull. I never look down on anyone who seems to have less than me and people who have more than me, have my full admiration and maybe I can get an inspiration from it. I will never again end up having money in abundance, as I will much rather share it with less fortunate people. I have found my happiness in giving rather than taking.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:56 am
Beduoin_Boy

Default Re: Spending Power

when you gonna tell me the story of your heart?

Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:03 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
when you gonna tell me the story of your heart?
BB.... read it again. That story is from Palmtree heart!!!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:11 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
A message from TS in regards to me appearing to have more spending power than others has sparked me to open a new thread.

First of all, what is spending power?

Spending power might mean to someone, to be able to buy some bread and milk. Someone else to be able to have a roof above the head. For others to be able to afford a night out occasionaly, a short break away or even a holiday. Perhaps some horse power and like a Xmas wish list, spending power becomes abused. We want more and more and more. I used to be one of those calculating what I would be able to afford next. No more. Have come to realize that there are things in life, I cannot compensate with spending power and they are by far superior.

Let me tell you a story.... Anyone not interested, just skip the boring bit and just read the end. This one is for you Novita. I recall you saying that you were looking forward to another essay. Here it goes....

There was a little girl who was born in Switzerland to Czech refugees, who came to the country with one plastic bag on the last train they could catch out of their homeland which was closing it's borders to allow free movement and speech.

This girl had a very decent and happy childhood, despite the mother abusing her and suffering from bullies at school but the father and friends were compensating for any pain. There was very little money available in the household and the little girl was taught about the beauties of life without the need of luxuries. She grew into a kind and shy young lady who wouldn't harm a fly. Despite suffering as a child of refugees and enduring some racism, even from teachers, who made sure that foreigners had no access to becoming teachers themselves. One of ther teachers had very clearly told her, that Switzerland needs people who clean up their shit in the public toilets and she would be very welcome to take up that career. She didn't loose face and knew, she had to work even harder on her studies, which was a struggle at times, as teachers were instructed to keep the marks of foreign children down, to keep unemployment amongst their own nationals at bay.

Despite all the odds, she didn't give up and managed to climb up the ladder just nicely. She saved every penny she made to make her feel secure for her future. She had no need to spend her hard earned money on expensive clothing, beauty products, nightclubs, cinemas but instead contributed to her parents expenses. With time, the savings grew and multiplied, while others at her age with the same earnings, had nothing. Who had more spending power? I am not sure? Are you? What was the envy of others towards that young lady? Oh, you have so much money, you are so lucky. Really? Well, others couldn't see that they had already spend and enjoyed their money, all they could see, someone had more but how that was possible was being ignored.

The same young lady, ventured out to other countries to further her career and improve her language skills. She met a young men who put a magic spell on her. She found the one and only prince she had dreamt of as a little girl. She knew, through her dreams while growing up, that one day, her destiny would be the Middle East. Little did she know that it really would become reality without even planning it.

This magic prince didn't have even 1 Dirham in his pocket. He worked long and tiring hours. As a waiter during the day and as a nightclub manager at nights and his income didn't exceed Dhs 2,000 a months in the UK. The young couple desperately wanted to be together but legal matters didn't allow them to. The prince was an Iranian refugee who was stranded in the UK, after his father had send him for studies at a tender age of 14 and a year later his father had passed away and his 18 siblings just forgot about him. He was number 19 in the family and therefore the youngest. He had to abandon his studies and start to wash dishes in a restaurant, after having enjoyed being driven to school by a chaufeur and drawing money from his account at any time he wished. Of course the account got closed down and emptied by greedy family members. He didn't give up and worked his way up.

The prince was begging his sunshine to move to the UK and live with him forever. It wasn't possible to tie the not, as authorities would not recognize a marriage between an Iranian national with refugee status and a non EC member. Sunshine asked her prince to be patient and if god would want them to be together he will make them strong to fight for the right to do so. The prince and sunshine lived for 2 years apart and talked a lot over the phone, while sunshine was busy saving money, to be able to move and live independently without a burden to her prince or the government. After 2 years, the pain of seperation became unbearable and she had to give up her career for the warmth of a home with her prince. They purchased through a mortgage a run down reposessed tiny apartment and did it up cheaply and lived happily every after.

Oh, no sorry, the story doesn't end here. Prince's friend offered him a job to run a restaurant which he after much consideration agreed to. At the last minute, his friend changed his mind and offered it to prince to lease for one year. Disappointed about the change, he took up the challenge. Within a year of total financial struggle, he made the place a success. The friend and owner bursting with envy, decided to take the place back at the end of the contract. There they were, stranded on what to do, with nothing left in their pockets, as all the hard earned money went for VAT and tax.

They didn't give up and went in search for another place to open as a restaurant. They found a run down place, without electricity and with their own hands and no help from the banks, as they had nothing to show for and were way too young to be helped, they managed to open their very own restaurant after several months of slavery and scrapping every penny or fils if you like.

They were very lucky as the place took off straight away and all those who had bad mouthed their venture as being crazy, couldn't believe their eyes. Friends started to make themselves known from every corner that had previously magicaly disappeared. Even family members got to hear about the success and managed to cheat their lives back into prince's heart. It took years to pay off the debts. To keep the story short, they opened along the way a video shop next door, which was eventually closed down to allow for expansion of the restaurant. Another 2 restaurants and a Take-Away came along, eventually followed by refurbishment of apartments and houses and resulting in their own construction business. During all those years, sunshine managed to keep up her job in a language school and work for an accountant, as well as doing all the day to day running of their businesses.

They were living a very busy and happy life supporting 100 members of prince's family. Sunshine never knew how large his family was, as he hardly spoke of anyone except his mother and father when they had met.

One day, sunshine had a panic attack and felt that time was wisking away and it was time to think about their own future generation, before they had finished thinking, they were blessed with a son and shortly after with a daughter. The sunshine's perspective on life changed and she no longer was the happy soul she once had been. She was living with her children in a 6 bedroomed, all en-suite house with a large living space, playroom, office and indoor swimmingpool. The 1/2 acre land gave the children lots of running space. Sunshine's humble upbringing didn't make her feel homely in such a large place, despite having dreamt of her own palace one day. She desperately clung onto her small Nissan Micra, despite her husband pushing for a more prestige car, she didn't accept any home help, as she had to do it since the age of 4 and it was normal to her to look after a house, garden and children. Not much to do for the husband, as he was never home anyway.

Life became meaningless without the presence of her prince. Her babies were growing up without knowing their fathers face. She had all she could wish for that she had worked so hard for, but her heart was empty. She felt, she couldn't offer her children the sort of happiness she had as a child and needed to do some dramatic changes. She wanted to run away from it all but knew, even if prince wasn't around, she couldn't take the children away from him. He started to think of her options in life and it soon became aparent that the only place that could bring them toghether was another country. She was a well travelled lady and knew that no country in the world can make up for once unhappiness. Every place comes with it's ups and downs. After detailed evaluation and a years observations, she came to the conclusion that Dubai was the only place for them to continue their faith.

She was willing to give up everything for a new challenge. Prince wanted to buy her a nice villa in Dubai but she refused. Prince had already bought 2 apartments for his family from Iran to enjoy when they come for holiday and tried out his risky mind on a purchase on The Palm as an investment. She asked to move into one of those apartments. She just wanted a new start in life and where better to start than on the lower steps of a ladder to experience the whole joy of climbing the ladder. Family members managed to abuse prince's kindness and were gradually eating up his earnings and enjoying life to the full while throughout the years sunshine had continued her humble life. She used to shop in Catalogue return shops, never spend a penny on beauty products, due to her believe in inner beauty, hanged on to her clothes from her young age and calculated every penny she was spending. Sunshine and prince, never had the time to spend their money on nights out, as they were too busy working, while others were throwing away money on alcohol, drugs, clothes, beauty salons, take-aways, dinner parties, they were adding their earnings to the things that were more visible to the naked eye and not just consumed within a day.

People were envying them, ended up even jealous for no reason. Once more, they were being reminded that their spending power was greater than that of others but it really is all down to each individual, which way they like to spend their money and cannot be compared.

THE END....

Please, everyone, whenever you feel, that someone else has more money than you, think first, why and how that is possible and compare it with what you spend your money on and what the counterpart does with it.

Put 10 people together who have the same chance in life and the same earnings and see where they all will be one year down the line. Not one of them will end up with the same money in the pocket like the others. There are many factors in life which dictate what we all end up having and we should all feel happy for others being successfull. I never look down on anyone who seems to have less than me and people who have more than me, have my full admiration and maybe I can get an inspiration from it. I will never again end up having money in abundance, as I will much rather share it with less fortunate people. I have found my happiness in giving rather than taking.
So now sunshine and prince live happily ever after???
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:30 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
I want to know if we get preferential service in the restaurants, myself...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:34 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
You will need to go to Bournemouth for that, I have dined at the restaurant many times.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:34 am
semarang

Joe, I thought you gone. Looks like you can not live without this site. lol...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:43 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing that with us PT
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:44 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

[QUOTE=novita77]Joe, I thought you gone. Looks like you can not live without this site. lol... [/QUOTE

part of the furniture....
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:01 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=joseph.creative]
Joe, I thought you gone. Looks like you can not live without this site. lol... [/QUOTE

part of the furniture....
Which part of the furniture would you discribe yourself as??
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Absolutely!!!!! It's all possible even in this day and age.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

We treat all our customers the same. Every customer is the king. But I can see what I can do and throw in an extra drink on the house. As Heart of Gold said, you would have to travel to Bournemouth though.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Thanks for sharing that with us PT

It was a pleasure. My life is an inspiration for me and I would like others to benefit from it to, if they can.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 9:48 am
The 5th Amendment

[QUOTE=Palm Tree]We treat all our customers the same. Every customer is the king. But I can see what I can do and throw in an extra drink on the house. As Heart of Gold said, you would have to travel to Bournemouth though.[/QUOTE

hmm B'mth... too many scousers!!! lol
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:01 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Which part of the furniture would you discribe yourself as??
ask Ikea...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.