Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E.?

Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E.?

Old Sep 19th 2005, 5:01 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E.?

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Hi ZooZ - not sure if we have spoken before - if not hello . Can you tell me the best time to go skiing in Lebanon - I know its a fairly short season but not too sure when
Hi Fairydust...
The seasons vary a year on year, your safe bet is January, Feb and March. Sometimes the season starts late October and Finishes late April giving you 5 months.. all depends on the year... but for sure, the snow is at its best in Feb a good 3 meters...

I remember for a couple of years that there was enough snow in May to ski in the morning and drive down to the coast (1hr max) and it was hot enough to swim and get a sunburn in the evening... and we did both for 3 succesive weekends..

ZooZ
Old Sep 19th 2005, 5:44 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E.?

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Hi Fairydust...
The seasons vary a year on year, your safe bet is January, Feb and March. Sometimes the season starts late October and Finishes late April giving you 5 months.. all depends on the year... but for sure, the snow is at its best in Feb a good 3 meters...

I remember for a couple of years that there was enough snow in May to ski in the morning and drive down to the coast (1hr max) and it was hot enough to swim and get a sunburn in the evening... and we did both for 3 succesive weekends..

ZooZ
Thanks for that
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:18 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E

Some of the most romantic places I have been to are:

1. The peak of Jebel Akhdar in Oman but easily reached from Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

2. The Rhub Al Khali (Empty Quarter). 150m high sand dunes which you should climb in time for sunset and lay on your back with your head over the back of the sand dune. You can see the elipse of the earth as well as an uninterrupted sunset. take a bin bag to come back down on too!

3. Underwater doing adrift-dive off the Dayminayat islands.

4. Your feet up on the wall at QD's in Dubai at sunset.

5. First thing in the morning after a day hike up a wadi.

*No 2 gets my vote as that's where I proposed to my (now) wife!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Garsimm is a jewel in the roughGarsimm is a jewel in the roughGarsimm is a jewel in the roughGarsimm is a jewel in the roughGarsimm is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Autonomy
A small distraction to the main business at hand (Dubai bashing )

Where or what is the most beautiful / romantic place or thing etc. in the UAE / Oman / Qatar etc? (even Saudi, but no matter how damn nice it is, I'm not going!)

Could be a view, a resturant, a hotel, an activity (keep it clean please!), something simple or expensive, natural, bought, contrivied or whatever...

Just curious really!
I would have to say that Oman is the most romantic/beautiful of the ME countries. Not only is the country stunning, with mountains, desert, fantastic beaches and lush green down south but the people are great as well.

I took my wife to the Al Bustan Hotel for our 20th wedding anniversary - it was stunning. We spent millenium eve camping on Tiwi beach - totally deserted with miles of white sand and palm trees, brill.

Great place to go dolphin/whale watching and watching turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. Fantastic!!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:15 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

With-in the UAE and for a serene weekend away:

This place
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZooZ
Hi Fairydust...

ZooZ

Now you're making me miss home.....
Old Sep 21st 2005, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Trapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to allTrapt777 is a name known to all
Red face Re: Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E.?

Originally Posted by Welivehere
With-in the UAE and for a serene weekend away:

This place

That makes me itch! It feels so dry and ugh! Heebe Jeebies!
Old Sep 21st 2005, 5:50 am
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoushou
Now you're making me miss home.....
wish you were there ...
sorry shoushou.. did not mean to make you homesick... have a on me
ZooZ
Old Feb 13th 2007, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

soennecken will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Something nice for a change - where is the most romantic / beautiful place in M.E

La Hoya Bay. AL MARJAN ISLAND. (or at least it will be when it is finished)
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:34 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasaNova
you mean something like this?

Did anyone else notice that our old friend has returned???
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:39 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

now who might that be!!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:07 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

I havent been to much places in ME, only been to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar and Jordan. So far i love Petra view in Jordan. Heard that Wadi Rum is beautiful too (but never make it that far).
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's the dunes in LIWA.
Will never turn down an opportunity to go there.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:02 am
W10

Because you can murder people?

In the ME there is not shortage of beautiful places, only a small percentage of them in the Gulf though