Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driving from Dubai to Doha?

Driving from Dubai to Doha?

Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:14 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving from Dubai to Doha?

Hello,

Any of you know about the logisitics of this?

I'm sure I've heard of people doing this - Novi? What is the drive terrain, the borders, visa issues, insurance (!) etc...

I think it would make a great trip....

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Auto
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:00 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Dubai to Doha?

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Hello,

Any of you know about the logisitics of this?

I'm sure I've heard of people doing this - Novi? What is the drive terrain, the borders, visa issues, insurance (!) etc...

I think it would make a great trip....

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Auto

Yes.

Get a driver
Old Feb 14th 2007, 9:31 am
W10

I believe I've asked this before...

Why?

400kms of UAE desert (and I've been to Jabel Danat so I've driven within 90km of the border) followed by the Saudi border (unless they've sorted out border issues) and then Doha.

Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:11 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I believe I've asked this before...

Why?

400kms of UAE desert (and I've been to Jabel Danat so I've driven within 90km of the border) followed by the Saudi border (unless they've sorted out border issues) and then Doha.
I like doing stuff that I can't do anywhere else.
I want to visit Doha
I like off roading

Just 'cos arright?

So, we have the why kinda sorted out...

Any info W10 ol' bean?

PS - Was going to go to Jebel Danat but the island is closed currently so there's no point in going... did you go to the island? was it a cheap arabian jurassic park or actually good?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=W10;4403058]I believe I've asked this before...

Why?
QUOTE]

Why not?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 11:30 am
W10

I asked first

Or I could ask - why not do it on a scooter? Or, just fly...

Jebel Danat is good actually, the hotel is nice enough. You can usually see turtles or dolphins on the way there on the boat.

On the island the animals roam free but it is a little bit controlled.

Old Feb 14th 2007, 12:26 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

I think driving is a good idea.. but still WHY???
i can understand driving from doha to dubai but from dubai to doha.. WHY?
if you like driving just drive to the border and come back.. ull have a better time...
ZooZ
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:12 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

can't help ... never done it before. Nearly did it last time then we changed our mind
Old Feb 14th 2007, 1:27 pm
Powered by cows

Originally Posted by ZooZ
I think driving is a good idea.. but still WHY???
i can understand driving from doha to dubai but from dubai to doha.. WHY?
if you like driving just drive to the border and come back.. ull have a better time...
ZooZ
why would I have a better time doing that?

sheesh - since when is everyone so concerned with why someone is doing something!

I'd have a better time going the hard way to a city I want to visit, camping on the way if need be. Staying a night in hotel and coming back...

I never realised this behaviour is odd and should be stamped out at all costs!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 2:50 pm
W10

It's just that other people have different ideas of fun

Driving past the same scenery for 18 hours to look around a small city which even the most ardent supporters say is dull, is not mine ;-)

I guess Zooz means, at least there is a pay-off for Doha-ians coming to Dubai.

Last edited by W10; Feb 14th 2007 at 2:52 pm.

Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:13 pm