So, Mirdiff.....

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all
Default So, Mirdiff.....

Hi all - hope you enjoyed the long weekend.

I was taken to see a villa in Mirdiff a couple of days ago (a compound of 4 around a large garden/ pool). For the price of 3 beds and a study in Springs etc I could have this place (5 beds, massive rooms etc). I parked outside for 30mins or so to make sure I couldn't see emirates fleet from the garden.

Which begs the question - what is wrong with Mirdiff? Does anyone know how long it would take me to get to szr (near the crowne plaza) from Mirdiff in the morning?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:29 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So, Mirdiff.....

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins

I was taken to see a villa in Mirdiff a couple of days ago (a compound of 4 around a large garden/ pool). For the price of 3 beds and a study in Springs etc I could have this place (5 beds, massive rooms etc). I parked outside for 30mins or so to make sure I couldn't see emirates fleet from the garden.

Which begs the question - what is wrong with Mirdiff? Does anyone know how long it would take me to get to szr (near the crowne plaza) from Mirdiff in the morning?

Thanks
Only problem is the dodgy neighbours...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:42 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
Only problem is the dodgy neighbours...
Is that a joke or for real? Is it dodgy up there?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I move there this week, we looked at 2 bed apartments in al barsha for 120,000 and for that we have got a lovely, spacious 2 bed villa in Mirdif, we've joined fitness first which is amazing, spinneys is near by and if you have a hangover then the gourmet burger place is brilliant.

Although I think the prices are cheap because no-one wants to live near Mata Hari

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
you should have a look mate, its a pretty good place to live.

No bars though, but an off licence is there if you need booze.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:58 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I was up there yesterday - a quick fly by really. It certainly looked a lot more settled than International City - but then I guess it's been there longer.

Do you have access to a Pool, or is that at Fitness First?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:03 pm
why ayeeeee man!

I was up there yesterday - a quick fly by really. It certainly looked a lot more settled than International City - but then I guess it's been there longer.

Do you have access to a Pool, or is that at Fitness First?
just fitness first, and its a fairly big one, like a small swimming pool you'd get back home, outdoors as well - it looks great.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:09 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Thanks
I travelled from Mirdif to Media City yesterday and it took about 30 mins. I'd imagine that you might be able to do Mirdif to Crowne Plaza in less time than that. That said, I am very new to Dubai and could well be talking complete bollocks.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

According to one famous resident, the place is full of bicycle thieves and cockroaches, but otherwise all is hunky dory. I see that Mr. Spugsy is moving there, which adds further support to my comment about the dodgy neighbours.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:10 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

nothing wrong with Mirdif....cockroaches have died and the bike has been found...life is good
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:11 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
nothing wrong with Mirdif....cockroaches have died and the bike has been found...life is good
where was the bike?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
where was the bike?
parked against a wall, few blocks away...with a flat tyre
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

parked against a wall, few blocks away...with a flat tyre
had someone taken it though?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:17 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
had someone taken it though?
well...it wasn't one of those bikes that ride by themselves...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:20 pm
why ayeeeee man!

well...it wasn't one of those bikes that ride by themselves...

thought maybe your young 'un may have left it there and forgot....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.