So, Mirdiff.....

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

pinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nice
Default Re: So, Mirdiff.....

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
sounds about right.
I'm paying 5K for my room in Umm Suqeim 3. not the greatest room or greatest villa but it has a decent size pool and is 200m from the beach.

SZR is always a nightmare going that direction in the evening.
5K is a lot of money for a room though and I don't need to be so close to the office. I am commuting to the airport most of the time for business and don't mind half an hour odd in traffic for the times I am in the office.

Is there a gym near Barsha?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 3:21 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

just realised I have some pics of the Uptown Mirdif shopping area...
Attached Thumbnails So, Mirdiff.....-064.jpg   So, Mirdiff.....-065.jpg  
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinebluffvariant
5K is a lot of money for a room though and I don't need to be so close to the office. I am commuting to the airport most of the time for business and don't mind half an hour odd in traffic for the times I am in the office.

Is there a gym near Barsha?
think it will take you a lot more than half an hour during rush hour
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:54 am
Just Joined

skyvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just been told that we will be moving into Mirdiff/Al Waqaa within the next few months (as soon as Emirates :curse: sign the lease for some vills there...anyone know which ones?).

Can anyone tell me the travelling time from Mirdiff to Arabian Ranches, in the morning and afternoon? All the kids are booked in there.

Thanks everyone.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
just realised I have some pics of the Uptown Mirdif shopping area...
it looks massive...i'd no idea it was so big...must check it out one day, i don't think i've ever been to mirdiff!

MM, xx
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
it looks massive...i'd no idea it was so big...must check it out one day, i don't think i've ever been to mirdiff!

MM, xx
make sure you have room in you passport for the exit/entry stamps
Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:01 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

MM, xx
I have only been there to investigate construction site accidents...from the direction I usually approach Mirdif, the whole place looks like one massive construction site but at least there are no 30 story towers being erected. Whereabouts are the nice parts of the town? They say a new park is being opened there soon or maybe has opened already.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:26 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Midiff and have done for nearly 5 years. Yes there are the planes but that’s about the only negative (and a minor one at that having grown up near Heathrow) as far as I am concerned. I am note 100% sure if Jebel Ali airport will have a huge impact but personally I only see things getting quieter once it opens.

Building work is ongoing but where in Dubai is that not the case. Honestly, it is probably more focused towards couples / families but that is changing and with taxis being as cheap as they are getting out is not exactly a hardship.

Travel wise I commute to Jebel Ali each day, with the new by-pass road it takes approx 50mins each way. For Ranches with Emirates Rd now six lanes I would imagine 30 mins max and one they sort the round-about even quicker.

Crown Plaza would be about 25 mins but thats due to Trade Centre round-a-bout / underpass rather than distance.

Finally from my perspective you get more house for your AED and it easier to imagine you are away from the rat race at weekends….. At this stage if we were forced to move it would only be to somewhere else in Mirdiff.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:30 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welivehere
I live in Midiff and have done for nearly 5 years. Yes there are the planes but that’s about the only negative (and a minor one at that having grown up near Heathrow) as far as I am concerned. I am note 100% sure if Jebel Ali airport will have a huge impact but personally I only see things getting quieter once it opens.

Building work is ongoing but where in Dubai is that not the case. Honestly, it is probably more focused towards couples / families but that is changing and with taxis being as cheap as they are getting out is not exactly a hardship.

Travel wise I commute to Jebel Ali each day, with the new by-pass road it takes approx 50mins each way. For Ranches with Emirates Rd now six lanes I would imagine 30 mins max and one they sort the round-about even quicker.

Crown Plaza would be about 25 mins but thats due to Trade Centre round-a-bout / underpass rather than distance.

Finally from my perspective you get more house for your AED and it easier to imagine you are away from the rat race at weekends….. At this stage if we were forced to move it would only be to somewhere else in Mirdiff.
Out of interest, what time of the day is your commute? I am looking at a 3 BR in Springs, purely because I thought the commute would be a nightmare any where else to JAFZ........ Judging by what I here, I could get a 4BR in Mirdiff for the same price...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:09 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

MM, xx
that's only a small part of it...there are loads more shops
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:19 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

that's only a small part of it...there are loads more shops
and that gourmet burger place....mmmm!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:22 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
and that gourmet burger place....mmmm!
ah...you've discovered that have you...I have never actually eaten there, I am the orginal MacDonalds girl...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:23 am
Just Joined

skyvan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welivehere

Thank you very much
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:30 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by lionheart
I have only been there to investigate construction site accidents...from the direction I usually approach Mirdif, the whole place looks like one massive construction site but at least there are no 30 story towers being erected. Whereabouts are the nice parts of the town? They say a new park is being opened there soon or maybe has opened already.
there is construction...what else did you expect...
A few big sites when you come from the Al Warqa traffic lights, with low rise appartment buildings on the left and villas on the right. In Mirdif you will find that all the empty plots of land are fast disappearing, mostely they are builing compounds or villas.
Not sure about the park, there will be a park next to Uptown Mirdif Primary school, said to be finished in Sept....no activity there as yet. Of course there is the massive Mushrif park, which has great play areas for kids and loads of space...
Apart from the main shopping area, there are supermarkets dotted all over the place, plus there are the great little mosqueshops everywhere.
Oh, and of course in 2010 (?) the opening of another massive mall, said to be somewhere between DCC and MoE in size....
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

ah...you've discovered that have you...I have never actually eaten there, I am the orginal MacDonalds girl...
good god you eat at mcdonalds???

The gourment burger palce is amazing, perfect for hangovers too, the burgers are fantastic, big, home made, you should give it a go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.