So, Mirdiff.....

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:21 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, Mirdiff.....

Originally Posted by Spugsy

thought maybe your young 'un may have left it there and forgot....
oh no...they are the teenagers from hell but they wouldn't do that...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh no...they are the teenagers from hell but they wouldn't do that...
they obviously knew you were dutch...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
I travelled from Mirdif to Media City yesterday and it took about 30 mins. I'd imagine that you might be able to do Mirdif to Crowne Plaza in less time than that. That said, I am very new to Dubai and could well be talking complete bollocks.
you cannot judge the transit time from there to Crowne Plaza by what you do on a Saturday. will probably be at least double that on week days.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
they obviously knew you were dutch...

MM, xx
now you mention it...some Germans moved here a few weeks ago
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

well there you go...they're just starting off the mirdiff community bike programme, quite progressive really...

MM, xx
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

they must have heard the Dutch were living there and decided to invade.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:39 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
they must have heard the Dutch were living there and decided to invade.
history repeats itself...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
W10

Because the Dutch rolled over and ran?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by W10
Because the Dutch rolled over and ran?
hey babehhhhh....
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:43 pm
W10

Good day to you.

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:49 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Hi all - hope you enjoyed the long weekend.

I was taken to see a villa in Mirdiff a couple of days ago (a compound of 4 around a large garden/ pool). For the price of 3 beds and a study in Springs etc I could have this place (5 beds, massive rooms etc). I parked outside for 30mins or so to make sure I couldn't see emirates fleet from the garden.

Which begs the question - what is wrong with Mirdiff? Does anyone know how long it would take me to get to szr (near the crowne plaza) from Mirdiff in the morning?

Thanks
back to the question...
nothing wrong with Mirdif...apart from the obvious planes, but most people get used to those...
It used to be way out with no shops to speak off, but now with Uptown Mirdif and Festival City there are...
There are loads of villas and compounds, the prices have gone up but it's still a bit cheaper than elsewhere.
For the alcoholics...the hotels in Festival City are licensed, so that's about a 10 min drive to get there.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Biene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud ofBiene zwei has much to be proud of

back to the question...
nothing wrong with Mirdif...apart from the obvious planes, but most people get used to those...
It used to be way out with no shops to speak off, but now with Uptown Mirdif and Festival City there are...
There are loads of villas and compounds, the prices have gone up but it's still a bit cheaper than elsewhere.
For the alcoholics...the hotels in Festival City are licensed, so that's about a 10 min drive to get there.
I have been here 3 yrs, the planes are a bit loud at times, and who needs a bar when the pool is outside and the fridge is full...
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:01 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you cannot judge the transit time from there to Crowne Plaza by what you do on a Saturday. will probably be at least double that on week days.
Saturday is the same as any other weekday around here might add on 5 mins but no more
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

pinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nicepinebluffvariant is just really nice

Hey people I think I am being shafted a bit on my rent (paying 5500AED for a room in a villa in Al Barsha 3 though it is convenient for work in DIC).

Am considering moving to Mirdiff as it is closer to Airport for biz and cheaper. How long will it take to get to DIC from there peak times min, average and worst case? Anyone do a similar commute?

And does anyone know any rooms going with some upstanding people?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pinebluffvariant
Hey people I think I am being shafted a bit on my rent (paying 5500AED for a room in a villa in Al Barsha 3 though it is convenient for work in DIC).

Am considering moving to Mirdiff as it is closer to Airport for biz and cheaper. How long will it take to get to DIC from there peak times min, average and worst case? Anyone do a similar commute?

And does anyone know any rooms going with some upstanding people?
sounds about right.
I'm paying 5K for my room in Umm Suqeim 3. not the greatest room or greatest villa but it has a decent size pool and is 200m from the beach.

SZR is always a nightmare going that direction in the evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.