British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   So joseph.... the banned thread from the other site.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/so-joseph-banned-thread-other-site-260595/)

Brit'n'TX Oct 18th 2004 7:41 pm

Re: So joseph.... the banned thread from the other site....

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
inner circle... yeuch.. must go to the doctor!!! lol

hmm well us mums have to stick together!!! shit wrong board... hmmm just practising for when i go under cover back to the other place.... ;)

and then we have to go and invade a coffee morning.... now that would be fun!!!

steady JC ... you'll have Balushi ... I mean Bedouin Boy ... stalking you ...

he likes men who pretend to be mums ...

joseph.creative Oct 18th 2004 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Brit'n'TX
steady JC ... you'll have Balushi ... I mean Bedouin Boy ... stalking you ...

he likes men who pretend to be mums ...

damn.. i forgot that...

we need to get him once and for all.

PM'ed Bob yesterday about moderators for this bit of the board.. Cov made an appearance to chill something which was good but u got any idea how to get mod status?

Brit'n'TX Oct 18th 2004 7:55 pm

damn.. i forgot that...

we need to get him once and for all.

PM'ed Bob yesterday about moderators for this bit of the board.. Cov made an appearance to chill something which was good but u got any idea how to get mod status?

not really ... just ask Paul, I suppose ...

ask Bob - he's the latest to achieve such grandeur ...

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Cheers Joseph!

I will try and go with the flow and no doubt will have a laugh. I am always up for it to learn some new skills. I am definetely staying put, have a chair already but have to give the wine a miss. Still haven't aquired a taste for alcohol, coffee or tea. No cigarettes either. Must seem like a boring person. Which I am at times but manage to have a good laugh living from coke and people are convinced, there must be a hidden drug in it.

Thanks for the invite! Would love to join but am torn between my kids and visitors. Hope things will settle eventually.

No, I really can't blame you! It suddenly seems a bit dead. Looks like some are switching sites. I will give you another hint about me. Top ten posters? Who is number ONE? Yes, that's me. Sorry, if I make you have a peak but it is fun to keep some suspense. Well, everyone will know now. Never mind!

Looks like joining here, will leave me with some late nights.... :zzz:

Hey Palm Tree

Would you be S.. from the other site

This is E in Texas

If it is you, nice to see you have ventured................

Hope all is well with you and you are enjoying your company

joseph.creative Oct 18th 2004 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Hey Palm Tree

This is E in Texas

and this is J in UK soon Dubai again....

so how many expat woman are there here?

Palm Tree Oct 18th 2004 8:07 pm

Hey Palm Tree

This is E in Texas

Hey, small world it is indeed. Might feel a bit safer on this side of town. No need to choose my words so carefully. More relaxed.

All is well, cheers. Company is great but could do with a break!

joseph.creative Oct 18th 2004 8:11 pm

Hey, small world it is indeed. Might feel a bit safer on this side of town. No need to choose my words so carefully. More relaxed.

ok... serious question.... why have a few expatmum peeps come here?

am curious now... if that site is so weird then why do u go there so much? if u do not wanna say in public then PM as we ALL know that certain people come here and look but do not post....

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:15 pm

and this is J in UK soon Dubai again....

so how many expat woman are there here?

Hi This is E In Texas (but Scottish really, frequent visitor to Dubai, so I hope I am not intruding)

Enjoy everyone's input, but if you think being a snooty expat wife is exclusive to Dubai, then please visit Houston some time..............

Believe me, I would rather be in Dubai then Texas..

Tennis anyone............

P.S.. Joseph you were treated appaulingly by the other site.

"

I'm sure I spelled that wrong

joseph.creative Oct 18th 2004 8:18 pm

Hi This is E In Texas (but Scottish really, frequent visitor to Dubai, so I hope I am not intruding)

Enjoy everyone's input, but if you think being a snooty expat wife is exclusive to Dubai, then please visit Houston some time..............

Believe me, I would rather be in Dubai then Texas..

Tennis anyone............

P.S.. Joseph you were treated appaulingly by the other site.

"

I'm sure I spelled that wrong

jeez girl!!! you are NOT intruding!

my old neighbours in Surrey were from Houston so i know what you mean!

think the reason the did not like me over there is because I saw through them... school with Princes of Nigeria and Sheik's sons at 8 years old teaches u a bit! and that is not to show off before anybosy says a thing!! ok!

stay and chill...

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:19 pm

Nice to hear from you, things are totally hectic here, but usually of our own doing, plus 2 sociable boys

Keep your chin up, guests only stay for so long..

Smile smile smile

Yes you are riight, I always felt too intimidated to post on the other site, did so twice and got one snotty reply and ignored on the other

Thanks to Joseph for introducing us to this well kept secret.............

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:26 pm

jeez girl!!! you are NOT intruding!

my old neighbours in Surrey were from Houston so i know what you mean!

think the reason the did not like me over there is because I saw through them... school with Princes of Nigeria and Sheik's sons at 8 years old teaches u a bit! and that is not to show off before anybosy says a thing!! ok!

stay and chill...

Thanks for making us welcome, still feel shy when typing, how sad am I????

All my friends in the US are either from UK or Latina America (did I mention my Irish pals? and a lovely man from Arkensas), so we all have the same twisted sense of humour.

Feel more connected with this site than the other (BTW must go and get a maid)....

Palm Tree Oct 18th 2004 8:28 pm

ok... serious question.... why have a few expatmum peeps come here?

am curious now... if that site is so weird then why do u go there so much? if u do not wanna say in public then PM as we ALL know that certain people come here and look but do not post....

Expatmum peeps? :confused:

Sorry, not me. The amount of postings should be proof of not being a peep.

I have a long history on expatmum/woman and got lots of bashing several times for what I thought were harmless postings. Due to some encouragement from others, I stayed on, as some are grateful for the smallest advise (never mind the lenghts). The side had helped me in the past to get started in Dubai and if I can help in anyway, I will continue to do so, as long as I don't get banned. Who knows, some of those peepers might get me banned.

Minorities are always louder and you would be surprised how many down-to-earth people are around in Dubai. I posted a message under Racism but must have hit the wrong button. It's all gone!!! I think it is time for bed. Would love to write it again when I get the chance. I have plenty of experience with racism in Europe. Dubai is nothing in comparison.

Will I still be welcome here, even if I stay loyal to the other site? Just thinking of those new innocent newbies who are in search for advice. I know, I have such a good heart. :D

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:32 pm

I love having visitors, but it is really exhausting, the old Texan saying is, what do visitors and old fish have in common? after three days they all stink...

We haven't had company since the summer, my brother is visiting for Christmas from Kuwait, so I can't wait

He is a real party boy (single you know), also a frequent visitor to Dubai, and knows all the haunts, so I shall have to do my best to entertain him

Me thinks, I am getting too old for all this clubbing, rather be playing tennis....

Take care girl

Perfumdiva1 Oct 18th 2004 8:35 pm

I love having visitors, but it is really exhausting, the old Texan saying is, what do visitors and old fish have in common? after three days they all stink...

We haven't had company since the summer, my brother is visiting for Christmas from Kuwait, so I can't wait

He is a real party boy (single you know), also a frequent visitor to Dubai, and knows all the haunts, so I shall have to do my best to entertain him

Me thinks, I am getting too old for all this clubbing, rather be playing tennis....

Take care girl

OK Y'all I obviously have a case of the verbals tonight, sorry..........

joseph.creative Oct 18th 2004 8:50 pm

Nice to hear from you, things are totally hectic here, but usually of our own doing, plus 2 sociable boys

Keep your chin up, guests only stay for so long..

Smile smile smile

Yes you are riight, I always felt too intimidated to post on the other site, did so twice and got one snotty reply and ignored on the other

Thanks to Joseph for introducing us to this well kept secret.............

well as long as we do not get invaded!! lol