Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Smoking ban in malls

Smoking ban in malls

Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:19 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Smoking ban in malls

Just reading in the Gulf News that despite pushing for a smoking ban and putting "by law" on the no smoking signs, the Dubai municipality will not actually enforce the ban or issue any fines.

So what was the point of that law?!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:21 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking ban in malls

Originally Posted by kristy
Just reading in the Gulf News that despite pushing for a smoking ban and putting "by law" on the no smoking signs, the Dubai municipality will not actually enforce the ban or issue any fines.

So what was the point of that law?!
It was a good conversation starter for a couple of weeks. The Burjaman has nice new no smoking signs right next to the ashtrays.

Excellent!!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:30 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
It was a good conversation starter for a couple of weeks. The Burjaman has nice new no smoking signs right next to the ashtrays.

Excellent!!
In Doha, most malls are non smoking area. But those ppl (mostly local) just so ignorance, they smoke to the next smoking sign.

And... not only locals. Went to the bowling alley in Doha. Should be smoking free area. But bunch of 'white ladies' just smoked like chimney next to the sign.

No smoking by law... but I never see any police or anybody enforce the law. So what is the point of the law????
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:37 am
Troublemaker

kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice

Originally Posted by novita77
In Doha, most malls are non smoking area. But those ppl (mostly local) just so ignorance, they smoke to the next smoking sign.

And... not only locals. Went to the bowling alley in Doha. Should be smoking free area. But bunch of 'white ladies' just smoked like chimney next to the sign.

No smoking by law... but I never see any police or anybody enforce the law. So what is the point of the law????
No blessed point at all apparently.

The malls are supposed to enforce the ban "at their discretion" so I think I'll get JC to test out what this might involve! Purely as an interesting scientific experiment.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:39 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

No blessed point at all apparently.

The malls are supposed to enforce the ban "at their discretion" so I think I'll get JC to test out what this might involve! Purely as an interesting scientific experiment.
What if they throw him in the prison and throw away the keys.

(or perhaps.............)
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:43 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
What if they throw him in the prison and throw away the keys.

(or perhaps.............)
If he's allowed visitors, it might be a good chance to get his undivided attention!!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:48 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

If he's allowed visitors, it might be a good chance to get his undivided attention!!
only if u bring me cigarettes....
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:53 am
Troublemaker

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
only if u bring me cigarettes....
Maybe.

Sorry, I'm being distracted by the difficulty in performing everyday tasks with these daft nails, i.e. open yoghurts, peel stickers off apples. Might pop over to expatwoman to ask for advice.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:56 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Maybe.

Sorry, I'm being distracted by the difficulty in performing everyday tasks with these daft nails, i.e. open yoghurts, peel stickers off apples. Might pop over to expatwoman to ask for advice.
what u want to learn how to sharpen them? maybe you can borrow their axle grinder.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:59 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

what u want to learn how to sharpen them? maybe you can borrow their axle grinder.
You earn your middle name 'sarcastic' not for nothing ... lol...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:01 am
Troublemaker

Think I just want to know how to get rid of the damn things.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:02 am
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by novita77
You earn your middle name 'sarcastic' not for nothing ... lol...
i was being honest!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:04 am
The 5th Amendment

Think I just want to know how to get rid of the damn things.
I have a pair of pliers in the kitchen...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:07 am
Troublemaker

I have a pair of pliers in the kitchen...
Do you? Ok we can try that later.... oh no wait, maybe on Wednesday.....
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:09 am
semarang

Do you? Ok we can try that later.... oh no wait, maybe on Wednesday.....

Just wondering how you put up with him in everyday life????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.