Reload this Page >

Skype banned in UAE

Skype banned in UAE

Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

venky_83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skype banned in UAE

Originally Posted by shiva
FFS, please use at least a small smattering of english nd nt txt bllsht. if you actually bothered to read any of the posts in this thread you wouldnt need to keep asking the same questions!
sorry dude .. my apologies
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:40 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by venky_83
Shiv wots yr prblm m8 ? txt writin is qwk and ez!!!
l8r

Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:41 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

ok i tried 2 download it .... dint work over an etisalat dial up... wud it work on an al shamil broadband ..
No, because Al Shamil is Etisalat and so you won't be able to access the website.

i dnt wanna take broadband if i m unable 2 use the extra bandwith effectively ...
You can *use* the Skype software on Al Shamil, you just can't download it or buy SkypeOut credit on Al Shamil.

my univ has a DIC connection at KV, so it downloads over here
Then download it at your university, burn it to a CD or something and take it home to install on your PC.

BTW, why are you happy to write out a word like "connection" properly, but have problems with "would", "didn't", "people" or "to"?
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Duuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddeeeeeeeee
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

venky_83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarethR
No, because Al Shamil is Etisalat and so you won't be able to access the website.

You can *use* the Skype software on Al Shamil, you just can't download it or buy SkypeOut credit on Al Shamil.

Then download it at your university, burn it to a CD or something and take it home to install on your PC.

BTW, why are you happy to write out a word like "connection" properly, but have problems with "would", "didn't", "people" or "to"?
well i am sorry.. i am afflicted with the sms syndrome .... will not happen again
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:30 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

BTW... txt spk is so 1998!

I'll be sure to tell my younger sister when she and I next have a chat via sms
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Bonjour.....
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:36 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shoushou
Bonjour.....

Dont do French so ....... Hiya.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dont do French so ....... Hiya.
Thats a shame.....
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:24 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I'm concerned, txt spk was rendered utterly redundant as soon as T9 was invented (and thank God it was!) Having an ancient phone that doesn't do T9 is the only excuse!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:40 am

As far as I'm concerned, txt spk was rendered utterly redundant as soon as T9 was invented (and thank God it was!) Having an ancient phone that doesn't do T9 is the only excuse!

Mine has T9 but I can't get to grips with it so I don't use it.......
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:41 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

What is this Skype?

Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:20 am
Soupy twist

Mine has T9 but I can't get to grips with it so I don't use it.......
T9 is a piece of piss to use, and it's normally faster to enter than txt spk... Suzanne's mum can use it, so it *must* be easy! Next time we're waiting to dig a Wrangler out of a dune, I'll show you

EDIT - because I'm bored, I just did a quick test and it takes 10 button-presses to write "text speak" with T9, against 12 to write "txt spk" without it.

T9 rox!

Last edited by Eeyore; Nov 17th 2005 at 2:23 am.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:26 am
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by CasaNova
What is this Skype?

If you haven't been told, you don't need to know. Just go about your daily business as normal.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 2:39 am

T9 is a piece of piss to use, and it's normally faster to enter than txt spk... Suzanne's mum can use it, so it *must* be easy! Next time we're waiting to dig a Wrangler out of a dune, I'll show you
T9 rox!

Your on!! It will most curtainly pass the time. Im a slow learner

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.