Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

SKY HD in ME (Bahrain)

SKY HD in ME (Bahrain)

Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

raj_viv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SKY HD in ME (Bahrain)

wondering if anyone has managed to pick up SKY HD signal in Bahrain ?
I have a box here in London with subscription so will it be just plug and play with a bigger dish ?

Old Jan 8th 2011, 11:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SKY HD in ME (Bahrain)

didn't think the cone went that far out....
Old Jan 9th 2011, 2:22 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
didn't think the cone went that far out....
I don't think it does. According to Wikipedia, most of Sky's services are broadcast on Astra's satellite group that is based at 5ºE in the sky. However, its satellites that serve the Middle East are at 31ºE. Sounds like it might be too far away.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Many thanks ...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Think you can get some Sky channels as far south and east as Turkey if you have a dish the size of Belgium, but you can forget it in the Gulf. Just not possible.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

You could keep your subscription, by a small desktop PC and connect via VPN. I think you can then possibly watch all the channels online if your net speed is fast enough via the Sky player.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:27 pm
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by benzonar
You could keep your subscription, by a small desktop PC and connect via VPN. I think you can then possibly watch all the channels online if your net speed is fast enough via the Sky player.
Hi, yes thats the way we do, just sign up onile with you sky sub and then register your laptop, use a VPN (www.***************** is a good one), connect to you TV and then you can view all content. We use it for films, football etc.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twisty100
Hi, yes thats the way we do, just sign up onile with you sky sub and then register your laptop, use a VPN (www.***************** is a good one), connect to you TV and then you can view all content. We use it for films, football etc.
and you pay? I download it all for free
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

I looked at the broadband deals in Bahrain - and it was very very expensive for major downloads.

http://www.batelco.com/portal/broadb...d_packages.asp

Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:29 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Yep..welcome to the Middle East. Broadband is a rip off and all have a download threshold. Menatelcom is a tad cheaper but you want speed you have to pay