Sky Gardens in Dubai DIFC - Review

Old Jun 2nd 2013, 7:55 am
Just Joined

ferrisdubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sky Gardens in Dubai DIFC - Review

My lowdown on Sky Gardens, for those asking about it:

Pros:
o Great location if you work in DIFC
o Very well furnished flats (Fendi furniture is top notch)

Cons
o Forget about talking to someone about your tenancy conditions (the poor guys who are contact points cannot cope with so many people complaining)
o Security deposits can take a LONG time to be returned (the finance guys either just don’t care or, again, are just to stretched to process them)
o Common areas are horribly maintained (the pool is specially in a dire situation, with broken chairs and a stinky smell coming out of the drains)
o Rules change along the way and they just don’t care (AC was going to start to be charged half-way through the tenancy contract… Suddenly the send us many retroactive bills all at once, that we couldn’t check and, naturally, that started many months before we even moved. Dismal lack of respect)
o They often play the blame game: tell you to complain with the guy in the reception desk, who says he cannot do anything and sends you back to the guy on the phone, who never picks it up and also pretends he doesn’t read his e-mails… So you go back to the guy in the reception desk, who tells you again there is nothing he can do. Some sort of 21st century Kafkan novel focused on real-estate.
o They sequester your security deposit (of AED 10,000) and say they will deduct anything they want from it (even if that means the AC bills that you were surprised to find out you would have to pay)

Long story short: if you like good furniture but don’t care about being treated as some sort of 'rightless' peasant, it is a great place.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sky Gardens in Dubai DIFC - Review

sounds about right

I'm all for naming and shaming

Is Sky Gardens on the Al Ain Road - think I drove past in on way to Dubai 7evens
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 8:10 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by saudiflares
sounds about right

I'm all for naming and shaming

Is Sky Gardens on the Al Ain Road - think I drove past in on way to Dubai 7evens
No, I think it's on the road that leads from Novotel Trade Centre to Al Murooj Rotana, on lhs (from Trade Centre), next to the power/dewa thingy.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kix
No, I think it's on the road that leads from Novotel Trade Centre to Al Murooj Rotana, on lhs (from Trade Centre), next to the power/dewa thingy.
Yes, it is right across DIFC, next to a large Empower building.

I don't mind having to deal with poor service quality (that is the norm almost anywhere), but the sum of very small acts like the ones I described above really makes me feel like a clown.

Venting in public is the only way to regain a bit of dignity...
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I had a client who lived there. From what I remember the rooms were small and a funny shape. That said, I would live there if I wee single and worked in DIFC.
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I had a client who lived there. From what I remember the rooms were small and a funny shape. That said, I would live there if I wee single and worked in DIFC.
Room sizes / shapes are fine. It is the 'size' (or lack thereof) of respect from the management with the tenants that has appalled me.

Nobody cares.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Olivia21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ferrisdubai
My lowdown on Sky Gardens, for those asking about it:

Pros:
o Great location if you work in DIFC
o Very well furnished flats (Fendi furniture is top notch)

Cons
o Forget about talking to someone about your tenancy conditions (the poor guys who are contact points cannot cope with so many people complaining)
o Security deposits can take a LONG time to be returned (the finance guys either just don’t care or, again, are just to stretched to process them)
o Common areas are horribly maintained (the pool is specially in a dire situation, with broken chairs and a stinky smell coming out of the drains)
o Rules change along the way and they just don’t care (AC was going to start to be charged half-way through the tenancy contract… Suddenly the send us many retroactive bills all at once, that we couldn’t check and, naturally, that started many months before we even moved. Dismal lack of respect)
o They often play the blame game: tell you to complain with the guy in the reception desk, who says he cannot do anything and sends you back to the guy on the phone, who never picks it up and also pretends he doesn’t read his e-mails… So you go back to the guy in the reception desk, who tells you again there is nothing he can do. Some sort of 21st century Kafkan novel focused on real-estate.
o They sequester your security deposit (of AED 10,000) and say they will deduct anything they want from it (even if that means the AC bills that you were surprised to find out you would have to pay)

Long story short: if you like good furniture but don’t care about being treated as some sort of 'rightless' peasant, it is a great place.
I completely agree with your information! I've lived there for some months and decided to finish my contract earlier because of all the issues that you mentioned. In addition, I had problems with cokroaches... Now, it's been over 4 months that I've been trying to get my security deposit back from Mazaya and the guys simply don't reply my emails or answer my calls!