Sky+ Box - UAE?

Old May 18th 2010, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sky+ Box - UAE?

This may turn out to be another dumb post on my behalf, however here goes.

OSN box we got is shit. planner sucks and it can't record. Now it's essentially just a decoder box with card, right? If I took my Sky+HD box out and plugged the card in there and connected it up, what's the chances of th schedule working and stuff?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sky+ Box - UAE?

Originally Posted by Brains1983

OSN box we got is shit. planner sucks and it can't record. Now it's essentially just a decoder box with card, right? If I took my Sky+HD box out and plugged the card in there and connected it up, what's the chances of th schedule working and stuff?
None I would say. The satellite footprint doesn't cover the middle east me thinks.
Old May 18th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
None I would say. The satellite footprint doesn't cover the middle east me thinks.
Cheers Jim, I wasn't expecting to get the sky channels, but wondered if I put my OSN card into the sky box to get the OSN channels?
Old May 18th 2010, 11:51 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Err, why not just try it?
Old May 18th 2010, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Err, why not just try it?
box still back in the UK, if someone knew if it did or didn't i would/wouldn't bother my behind to take it out in July.

I'll give it a bash if no-one knows for sure.

Not hopefull, but that OSN box couldn't be any more user unfriendly!
Old May 18th 2010, 12:39 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not hopefull, but that OSN box couldn't be any more user unfriendly!
Agree with you there. But its not the box that makes the menu, its the system which feeds into it, so I can't imagine you're going to get anything different (or anything at all, actually) from a Sky box. You could always complain to OSN
Old May 18th 2010, 2:39 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

They should have offered you the recordable one for an extra 15dh a month or free if you are on 2mbs or more.

Ours has been great for recording and using the guide - but then again Sky+ was not around when we lived in UK so don't know what we're missing.
Old May 18th 2010, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
You could always complain to OSN
only 4 rofls? I can imagine I will get far with compaining...
Old May 18th 2010, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

u can just buy a dvd hard drive which records, thats what we do. have the stupid osn box, which is not working as of yesterday, because i rang them up for them to fix it, and they plummed in different codes to the menu and now we have no signal at all, and waiting for mr showtime to come and fix it... anyways you can then record on your hard drive or usb from your sat box. works when it works if u get me.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

only 4 rofls? I can imagine I will get far with compaining...
i threatened them with that today, mr fix it said he was meant to be coming tomorrow which as this was yesterday this is today, no show, so ring them up and apparently its tomorrow, so that must be tomorrow tomorrow...! they obviously cannot suss out what tomorrow means.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Jim, I wasn't expecting to get the sky channels, but wondered if I put my OSN card into the sky box to get the OSN channels?
If the system/format is the same I guess it would, but I am not sure they are the same.
Old May 19th 2010, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

If I took my Sky+HD box out and plugged the card in there and connected it up, what's the chances of th schedule working and stuff?
Zero... totally different software/EPG systems...
Old Sep 1st 2010, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Raf77 is an unknown quantity at this point

you could get a slingbox set up and actually watch sky in dxb... it works.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raf77
you could get a slingbox set up and actually watch sky in dxb... it works.
How does the Slingbox thing work?? Do you need to keep your Sky account in the UK??? How do you divert it to over here?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

hoblos is an unknown quantity at this point

Slingbox is best plan.

You will need a setup in UK ideally with someone in the property to fix it if there are problems. Slingbox connects to broadband router and to TV Aerial or TV box.

I have just bought a Slingbox and I had it working in no time. I will be able to watch all UK Freeview channels in Dubai incluidng BBC and ITV. Quality is not like at home as the channels are being streamed through the Internet.

If you have Sky at home you can also connect this to the Slingbox. The Slingbox Pro will accept HD.

I paid 150 for my Slingbox from PCWorld.

For more info check out the various guides on the Internet.

good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.