Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Single young guy heading to Riyadh

Single young guy heading to Riyadh

Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice
Default Re: Single young guy heading to Riyadh

Originally Posted by Eman
well i don't blame u ..
im tryin to leave too
Where abouts in UK are you from?

What do you do in Saudi?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Eman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
Where abouts in UK are you from?

What do you do in Saudi?
I'm not British ,, I'm Saudi girl 20 years old
i left my college here cuz i didnt like it .. i plan to study abroad better than here im still young i don't want to waste my life here

what about u ?
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:31 am
Just Joined

daveness is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange how this topic has taken a turn to exposing just how boring or unsatisfying Riyadh life actually is.

Initially posts were positive, now taking a negative turn from posters who originally had said it was good. I suppose the usual patriotism kicked in.

To be honest the $6500 a month on offer to me is possibly not enough to make me go.

If I do head over I'll mention here though.

Cheers for all replies.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:53 am
Just Joined

leroy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all, im 32 yr old single male moving to riyadh soon and i wondered if there was many expat woman around? what nationalities? sure this question has been and will be asked a million times more. but im still asking. cheers
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

new2riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leroy
hi all, im 32 yr old single male moving to riyadh soon and i wondered if there was many expat woman around? what nationalities? sure this question has been and will be asked a million times more. but im still asking. cheers
Yes Riyadh is very boring, here from the usa all my life this is going to be different.

finding a compound seems impossible....but at least i can drive as fast as i want.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

new2riyadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by new2riyadh
Yes Riyadh is very boring, here from the usa all my life this is going to be different.

finding a compound seems impossible....but at least i can drive as fast as i want.
Also meeting new people is impossible unless your in a compound.....

I do have to say I love the coffee shop at Sahara....it actually has sheesha and is in the middle of Riyadh.....
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

leroy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by new2riyadh
Also meeting new people is impossible unless your in a compound.....

I do have to say I love the coffee shop at Sahara....it actually has sheesha and is in the middle of Riyadh.....
yeah i expect things to be a little bit boring.
ive heard ppl in their compounds have bbqs and little parties etc, hopefully this is hte case. i dont have to find a compound as my company will be sorting it.

is there a bit of a coffee shop crowd in places, hanging around in these places would be ok
Old Jan 21st 2010, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

ok folks i have been away for a few weeks on vacation, now back into the costa del sand pit.
we have a social evening tonight in my compound but its too late now to sort out anyt tickets.
Next time i will sort some thing out for the new folk here.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leroy
Plenty of expats - couples, families and single men and women. There's plenty to do here if you can hooked into the social scene. Lots of the compounds have regular 'events' and many of the embassies have 'social evenings' although getting tickets for these can be difficult. The US embassy has quite a lot going on and all you have to do is find out about it and then turn up and buy a ticket (before the event).
How easy it is to get into the social scene depends on where you live and who you work for (ie. are there plenty of other westerners in the company to introduce you to the delights of Riyadh).
Expat women ... plenty of single nurses and quite a few single teachers ...
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:26 am
Just Joined

razferelay is an unknown quantity at this point

i left my college here cuz i didnt like it .. i plan to study abroad better than here im still young i don't want to waste my life here

what about u ?
Kaif Halak, i am just learning arabic and its not easy.....are you still in riyadh
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Hazem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

@Eman I need your help in Riyadh ,I'm still new here don't know nothing where to go have fun meet people ,parties ....

can you guide me!!!
Old May 9th 2010, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

chineseman is an unknown quantity at this point

hi eman i am new here will be move to Riyadh in July, i am not brit although i have my education there. where will be good place to go in Riyadh?

what about u ?
Old May 10th 2010, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Eman will become famous soon enough

I left Saudi Arabia
but i still can help
Old May 10th 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

chineseman is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you now Eman? send me private message where is good location to hand out in Saudi i am bored to dead now...

I left Saudi Arabia
but i still can help
Old May 12th 2010, 1:19 pm
vet
Just Joined

vet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by razferelay
Kaif Halak, i am just learning arabic and its not easy.....are you still in riyadh
hey , hope you are okay
I have met lots of people from the Uk and US and they are happy in Riyadh, any way , nowadays i am totally free till next September to continues my MSc in Leicester Uni.
contact me if you wish further information in Riyadh or to have a male together also if you have a pet >>> he is a vet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.