Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Should a 2 million dirham villa look like this?

Should a 2 million dirham villa look like this?

Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should a 2 million dirham villa look like this?

http://www.7days.ae/feature/should-a...ike-this-.html

A lot of articles on the poor quality of construction against Emaar and Nakheel slowly unfolding. And to think these are all brand new

Anya
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should a 2 million dirham villa look like this?

Originally Posted by IndieGirl

A lot of articles on the poor quality of construction against Emaar and Nakheel slowly unfolding. And to think these are all brand new

Anya
Yet another article

http://www.7days.ae/feature/shattered-dreams.

Anya
Old Nov 12th 2005, 4:13 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Anya

The value of this Villa could be 700,000 aed/- the balance was pocketed by the middle man and the first investor.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CasaNova
The value of this Villa could be 700,000 aed/- the balance was pocketed by the middle man and the first investor.
Hi CN!

The question is not whether you pay Aed 700k or AED 2000K. You dont expect such shoddy work from Nakheel /Emaar/any other developer whan they tout 'premium' , 'exclusive' for all their properties. They should be sold as 'low cost housing/very poor quality for the rich expats', upfront in all their glossy brochures!!

You may want to think twice before buying at the marina (I think I saw this in one of your posts?). If you are a UAE national you are better off getting land from the Govt and building your own house. Again, I was very surprised to hear that the selection (for distribution of free land) is quite random and based only on 'Vaasta' and not 'genuine need'. Such a pity .

Anya
Old Nov 12th 2005, 5:24 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CN!

The question is not whether you pay Aed 700k or AED 2000K. You dont expect such shoddy work from Nakheel /Emaar/any other developer whan they tout 'premium' , 'exclusive' for all their properties. They should be sold as 'low cost housing/very poor quality for the rich expats', upfront in all their glossy brochures!!

This is a MASSIVE topic! The myth has it that all the Projects have been started to Systematically Remove all the western expats and others by placing them in Ghettos like Springs, emirates hills, so on... from the Jumeira and ummsqueim areas. and Bring back the Locals and GCC citizens esp Saudis in.

Its a matter of common sense and things look better in brochures and tv adds. people must be aware of that before buying, SEE WHAT THEY ARE BUYING.

Again, I was very surprised to hear that the selection (for distribution of free land) is quite random and based only on 'Vaasta' and not 'genuine need'. Such a pity .

Anya

To hear, I could make you hear great stories about the monster of lochness and the one eyed ghost in my neibourhood!

the land is distributed to the needy in this country but for the location, yes the Wasta helps.

But I prefer to be a Kuwaiti! D@man every single kuwaiti got 35,000 US $ from the gov.

Imgine if you are 7 in a Family :scared:
Old Nov 12th 2005, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

To hear, I could make you hear great stories about the monster of lochness and the one eyed ghost in my neibourhood!

the land is distributed to the needy in this country but for the location, yes the Wasta helps.
:scared:

I heard it first hand from a couple of nationals at my work place. They have been on 'wait list' for several years and no news of any grant. Apparently they don't have 'Wasta'.

Again another British friend (married to a UAE national) both working , very high salaries, were given both land and money to construct a house. They are certainly not 'needy' ! Between them they must be earning about 40k a month easily.

PS: Went to M O Emirates yesterday (for the first time). From there drove around. Saw teh construction around Dubai Marina - looks awful. When there is so much space around (or is there a shortage of spce??), why are they crowding the place with so many high rise buildings (they are built so close together - reminded me of HK).

Anya

Last edited by IndieG; Nov 12th 2005 at 6:26 am.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 6:26 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

This is a MASSIVE topic! The myth has it that all the Projects have been started to Systematically Remove all the western expats and others by placing them in Ghettos like Springs, emirates hills, so on... from the Jumeira and ummsqueim areas. and Bring back the Locals and GCC citizens esp Saudis in.

Its a matter of common sense and things look better in brochures and tv adds. people must be aware of that before buying, SEE WHAT THEY ARE BUYING.

But I prefer to be a Kuwaiti! D@man every single kuwaiti got 35,000 US $ from the gov.

Imgine if you are 7 in a Family :scared:

Qataris also get LOADS of money from the government. Lucky them!
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Malteser
Qataris also get LOADS of money from the government. Lucky them!

They also have the worlds HIGHEST income per person.

Brunei must be the second I guess
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:14 am
Banned

I heard it first hand from a couple of nationals at my work place. They have been on 'wait list' for several years and no news of any grant. Apparently they don't have 'Wasta'.

There are people on the queue for US citizenship in the states and in many instances people got citizenship after a wait for nearly 50years!

So now you explain me? They didnt had wasta I suppose?

You should explain to your national friends that if there is a will than there is always a way!

PS: Went to M O Emirates yesterday (for the first time). From there drove around. Saw teh construction around Dubai Marina - looks awful. When there is so much space around (or is there a shortage of spce??), why are they crowding the place with so many high rise buildings (they are built so close together - reminded me of HK).

Anya

I was there as well! That snow park is AMAZING! and the entrance is ONLY 40 aed for adults!!!!!!!!!! unlimited

This is Marvelous! apparently the expert have praised the struture. In japan they have to have the temp -30 to create the snow! but here its only at -1

Great stuff, the construction there is awful so don't buy it.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

The people of Brunei don't get all the free handouts, neither do they demand mercs and porches, like some other countries. They are provided with education and medical, When I left they were just finishing of some housing projects, must of cost a quater of anything they built here and much better quality and looking. i don't know if this was for sale or free, but they don't like to spoil there own citizens rotten. Wether that is so they can fill their own coffers or just trying not to give the peolpe false hopes and dreams.
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

There are people on the queue for US citizenship in the states and in many instances people got citizenship after a wait for nearly 50years!

So now you explain me? They didnt had wasta I suppose?

You should explain to your national friends that if there is a will than there is always a way!

Hey, I am not making any comparisions here! I just repeated what my national friends told me. So I am afraid I cannot provide any explanations.

Anya
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Benson
The people of Brunei don't get all the free handouts, neither do they demand mercs and porches, like some other countries. They are provided with education and medical, When I left they were just finishing of some housing projects, must of cost a quater of anything they built here and much better quality and looking. i don't know if this was for sale or free, but they don't like to spoil there own citizens rotten. Wether that is so they can fill their own coffers or just trying not to give the peolpe false hopes and dreams.

Did you wrote those London Lyrics by any chance?
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

How does one buy off plan then? In the primary market all properties are purchased off plan in this market - so you depend entirely on developer 'reputation'.

Is it too much to expect that atleast the 'reputed' developers wont shortchange/mislead/cheat buyers?

Anya
Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:30 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

According to World Bank....

Luxembourg came top, followed by Norway, Switzerland and USA.

http://www.finfacts.com/biz10/global...epercapita.htm

Quatar aren't mentioned, neither is UAE or Brunei!!

Old Nov 12th 2005, 8:30 am
Banned

How does one buy off plan then? In the primary market all properties are purchased off plan in this market - so you depend entirely on developer 'reputation'.

Is it too much to expect that atleast the 'reputed' developers wont shortchange/mislead/cheat buyers?

Anya

I dont use credit cards on the net or any where else! doesn't matter the Reputation of the site or the store! I simply Dont.

So basically every person must see and feel what is he/she buying! lets say if you wanna buy a Victoria Secret undy stuff! How do you buy it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.