Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shipping Dog to Riyadh

Shipping Dog to Riyadh

Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Default Shipping Dog to Riyadh

Anyone ever used FlyPets to do this? Or any recommends please?
Thanks Hippa
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping Dog to Riyadh

Bump
Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:24 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not sure to be honest with you, have you tried doing a search?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Was hoping for a recommend blue cat. The person who proposed said company used them five years ago. Was looking for something more recent
Old Aug 20th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

I cant help but am also looking for same advice to Bahrain - I have searched loads and cant find any personal recommendations.

If I find anything I will let you know but if you do would be grateful too.

Thanx
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

talmshar is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm sure if you call the airlines you would get an answer. Do not use saudi airlines. I am sure that international carriers would take care of your pet.
regards,
tareq
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:36 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by scottrace
Hey

I cant help but am also looking for same advice to Bahrain - I have searched loads and cant find any personal recommendations.

If I find anything I will let you know but if you do would be grateful too.

Thanx
Google Vet Nonie Coutts in Bahrain, I used her to get my pooch in from U.S. She can at least take care of paperwork in Bahrain for you and get the dog in country. And I'm sure point you in the right direction if your coming from UK.Best airline for animal shipment is Lufthansa..They take very good care of the animals..Walks and feeding at layovers.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Using par air. Had a good chat with them and highly recommended by a few expats out here
Old Sep 10th 2011, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that - will give them a call and no doubt frighten myself with the cost!!

Good Luck with your travel plans.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly, I'm talking in the past, but when I shipped my Alsatian to Oman, Alitalia were very good at the Heathrow end. I took a wad of cash, expecting to pay £1200. The jolly Alitalia chap thought that was far too much, and charged me £500.
At that time, the animal bods for Gulf Air were Alitalia, so it might be worth seeing who handles the flights to Saudi at heathrow that you are considering.

What ever you do, though, discount Saudi Arabian Airlines. they don't treat humans very well. ( Think I'm joking? Look up Saudi Arabian Airlines on Wikipedia. It is one of the most snide entries on Wikipedia I've had the delight of reading!)
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:38 am
Just Joined

kshan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Sadly, I'm talking in the past, but when I shipped my Alsatian to Oman, Alitalia were very good at the Heathrow end. I took a wad of cash, expecting to pay £1200. The jolly Alitalia chap thought that was far too much, and charged me £500.
At that time, the animal bods for Gulf Air were Alitalia, so it might be worth seeing who handles the flights to Saudi at heathrow that you are considering.

What ever you do, though, discount Saudi Arabian Airlines. they don't treat humans very well. ( Think I'm joking? Look up Saudi Arabian Airlines on Wikipedia. It is one of the most snide entries on Wikipedia I've had the delight of reading!)
Just wanted to share a very sad incident ... took our darling pug to Bangalore on Oman Air a month ago, but it arrived dead and nobody seemed concerned or had any explanation to give. it had obviously been mishandled and suffered from heat and suffocation. we were shocked and heartbroken, and now to get back to the flat where we shared happy moments with our pet is heart-wrenching. it's more painful than i can ever express ...

wish i had sought advice before boarding this flight. i am eager to know about safe travel of dogs from oman, to save them from harm in the future atleast ...

would appreciate your advice, suggestions, ...
thank you
Old Sep 14th 2011, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Looked into moving pets into Saudi. You will not be surprised to hear that the pet situation is just as long-winded and bureaucratically lengthy as getting a human into Saudi. There will be a massive amount of paperwork and 6 months of quaranteen when you fly them back out again (If you are UK, not sure about other nations). The time delay I have heard to sort paperwork out is around 6 months as everything needs to be in arabic.

Ask yourself is it worth it, especially when it will be distressing for the dog? I've basically left my pets at home, with my wife mind you, which means she isn't coming over here.

S
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:58 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

6 months of quaranteen when you fly them back out again (If you are UK,

UK quarantine laws are changing from Jan 2012.

All pets will still need to be vaccinated against rabies. Pets from the EU and listed non-EU countries such as the USA and Australia will no longer need a blood test and will only have to wait 21 days before they travel. Pets from unlisted non-EU countries such as India, Brazil and South Africa will be able to enter the UK if they meet certain strict criteria to ensure they are protected against rabies, including a blood test and a three-month wait before they enter the UK.

How I understand it is that pets coming back to UK from UAE can enter without quarantine if they have had the rabies vaccine and no longer require Blood Serology Certificate.

Forcing pets to spend six months in quarantine, a practice dating from the 1800s, is no longer necessary because of vastly improved rabies vaccines and treatments.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

Excellent news. Just seems all you need now is mountains of paperwork and a decent pet shipping company. Let us all know if you find one.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 12:19 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

I found the Export from the Uk to Dubai really easy and enjoyed doing it, did it myself earlier this year, all you need is a good vet and E mail contact with the Airline and one form to fill in with DEFRA, the correct crate and good organization skills and a steady nerve...., the rest is all done by scanning documents and e mailing, my Husband used Urban Tails Pet Resort for the Import side which included Import Application, customs clearance/Airport pick up/drop off to our Villa. They gave advice on the Import side that was easy to follow without the help of a UK based agent.

Waiting for the 'ok to forward' from Emirates DXB is the most nerve racking

Doing it all again on the 27th for Dog number 2....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.