Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

..... Sheikh of Umm Al Quwain is Dead

..... Sheikh of Umm Al Quwain is Dead

Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ..... Sheikh of Umm Al Quwain is Dead

Originally Posted by Autonomy
That came off already for the Emir I though? Is this the Dead Zone?

yeah the radio went for the Emir and have tried to get news on the hour but all they talking about is the Emir nothing local so I assume everyone in the station has gone home and it is a tape playing. No news of a day off in mourning and I am now on my way home from work!

See yall tomoz

the ben
Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:27 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Peeps, lets wait for a while an official confirmation.

Its UAQ.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

It is.Heard about it here almost 3 hours ago.....
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:10 pm
W10

Don't think they are going to announce it on the same day as the Emir of Kuwait.

May even wait till the three days are over.

Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really niceSid2 is just really nice

From what I hear, they initially announced a two-day holiday for schools only, but even that was later withdrawn.

Why is there no holiday for the private sector??!!

Personally, I am saddened by the emir's death. I hope the new emir of UAQ doesn't change the policies of the emirate vis-a-vis liquor.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:17 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Don't think they are going to announce it on the same day as the Emir of Kuwait.

May even wait till the three days are over.
Interesting... so the official reason for Government being shut now will be for the Emir... and then what - annouce it then and then they will be off for - what another week? And then it'll be new year.... good grief (if you'll excuse the pun)
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:26 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Attention Secret Dubai: Why are you Deleting my comments on Women empower???
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:29 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sid2
From what I hear, they initially announced a two-day holiday for schools only, but even that was later withdrawn.

Why is there no holiday for the private sector??!!

Personally, I am saddened by the emir's death. I hope the new emir of UAQ doesn't change the policies of the emirate vis-a-vis liquor.
Hi.... where did u hear about the holidays? who were they declared for? The Emir of Kuwait or the Sheikh of Umm Al Quwayn???
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:29 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Interesting... so the official reason for Government being shut now will be for the Emir... and then what - annouce it then and then they will be off for - what another week? And then it'll be new year.... good grief (if you'll excuse the pun)

Oi! Mr. Conspiracy theorist.....

why would they do a thing like that and where are u getting your info from? Sources, please.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CasaNova
Attention Secret Dubai: Why are you Deleting my comments on Women empower???
So how many women have you been empowering???
Old Jan 15th 2006, 1:41 pm