British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Sharjah Aquarium (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/sharjah-aquarium-541544/)

lionheart Jun 6th 2008 10:52 am

Sharjah Aquarium

According to gulfnews.com, a new aquarium has been inaugurated today in Sharjah but nowhere can I find anything about its opening hours. The location map on the website is pretrty useless too. Can anybody help? Its something that Dubai really needs too...cool and out of the sun!

jvr20 Jun 6th 2008 11:06 am

Re: Sharjah Aquarium

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6440521)
According to gulfnews.com, a new aquarium has been inaugurated today in Sharjah but nowhere can I find anything about its opening hours. The location map on the website is pretrty useless too. Can anybody help? Its something that Dubai really needs too...cool and out of the sun!

http://www.sharjahmuseums.ae/images/...uarium-map.jpg

is that the one you say is useless...?

Actually if you're coming from outside Sharjah I agree it's not much help...

In fact if you come along al-Ittihad Rd (i.e. past DXB airport) then you'll approach from the left hand side of the map where it says 'to Dubai'

See the cloverleaf interchange at the bottom of the map? To get to that take the exit immediately after the flyover signposted 'Al Khan, Al Majaz, Khaled Port) and that brings you onto Al Khan Rd. Follow this over the bridge over the canal (the middle of the 3 bridges shown on the map) and from there just follow the map... all the way to the end and left at the roundabout :)

You're right, it could be a good way to get out of the sun.

lionheart Jun 6th 2008 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 6440581)

In fact if you come along al-Ittihad Rd (i.e. past DXB airport) then you'll approach from the left hand side of the map where it says 'to Dubai'

See the cloverleaf interchange at the bottom of the map? To get to that take the exit immediately after the flyover signposted 'Al Khan, Al Majaz, Khaled Port) and that brings you onto Al Khan Rd. Follow this over the bridge over the canal (the middle of the 3 bridges shown on the map) and from there just follow the map... all the way to the end and left at the roundabout :)

Thanks for the directions but I have no intention of going until the opening hours are published. The Natural History Museum for example doesn't open until 11am and then closes at some silly hour on Fridays I believe.

Inselaffen Jun 6th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6440521)

its something Dubai will have. next stage at the Dolphinarium site in Creek Park.

Confucius Jun 6th 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jvr20 (Post 6440581)

Or, to put it simply, take the Dubai-Sharjah Road into SHJ, just after you pass Al Safeer Mall take the bridgeway to the left and keep straaaaaaight after that, as soon as you hit the last R?A where there's only the beach if you go straight, take left and you're home...

Confucius Jun 6th 2008 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6442366)
its something Dubai will have. next stage at the Dolphinarium site in Creek Park.

That's not open yet???

Madam Medusa Jun 6th 2008 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6442545)
That's not open yet???

it is...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jun 6th 2008 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6442570)
it is...

MM, xx

no its not. The dolphinarium is but not the aquarium of alligator thingy!

Confucius Jun 6th 2008 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6442570)
it is...

MM, xx

He used "will" in his sentence...

Confucius Jun 6th 2008 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6442579)

Aahhh...Interesting...Will there be the old "putting my head in the alligator's mouth" schtick???

Madam Medusa Jun 6th 2008 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6442579)

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 6442584)
He used "will" in his sentence...

you're both confusing me now...the dolphin place is defo open...

MM, xx

Inselaffen Jun 6th 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6442592)
you're both confusing me now...the dolphin place is defo open...

MM, xx

its quite clear unless u've had a few wines

the dolphinarium is open
the aquarium and alligator place which are part of the same complex will open at a later date

Madam Medusa Jun 6th 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6442635)
its quite clear unless u've had a few wines

the dolphinarium is open
the aquarium and alligator place which are part of the same complex will open at a later date

nowt to do with wine, i thought confucius was asking about the dolphin gig...

MM, xx

lionheart Jun 7th 2008 6:04 am

Still no idea of when the Sharjah Aquarium is open...between which hours.

Madam Medusa Jun 7th 2008 6:47 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 6443677)
Still no idea of when the Sharjah Aquarium is open...between which hours.

did you try calling them...?

MM, xx