Sharjah

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 2:58 pm

hayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the roughhayleyhails is a jewel in the rough
Question Sharjah

Hi i am due to move ut to Sharjah in 3 weeks time,and am looking for some genral info about the area things to do proximity to Dubai. Also what do i need to take and what can i do without?

Just practical things really, Im being provided with accomodation fully furnished and medical insurance, utilities paid also. So this is all taken care of.

HELP!! its getting scarily close and has been all very last minute so im completely unprepared.!!!!!

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 4:41 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sharjah

Originally Posted by hayleyhails
Hi i am due to move ut to Sharjah in 3 weeks time,and am looking for some genral info about the area things to do proximity to Dubai. Also what do i need to take and what can i do without?

Just practical things really, Im being provided with accomodation fully furnished and medical insurance, utilities paid also. So this is all taken care of.

HELP!! its getting scarily close and has been all very last minute so im completely unprepared.!!!!!

Sharjah...I pity you.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hayleyhails

sharjah's anywhere from 15mins to 1 hr plus from dubai, depending on time of day and traffic - there are no bars / clubs in sharjah, in fact it's illegal to have booze there!

good luck with the move!
Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

jumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud ofjumpinjacks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by miss behave
sharjah's anywhere from 15mins to 1 hr plus from dubai, depending on time of day and traffic - there are no bars / clubs in sharjah, in fact it's illegal to have booze there!

good luck with the move!

1 Hour if you are lucky !! sometimes 2-3 if there is an accident.

There is no booze but the nearest watering hole is 2 mins from Sharjah and is called the Outside inn - most expats go there. You can also buy booze in Ajman without a licence. I have it in my home and have never had any issues. Pork can be bought in Ajman also.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 1:35 pm
W10

Originally Posted by miss behave

good luck with the move!

However, it's a much nicer place than Dubai. Far more interesting.