Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shangri La Abu Dhabi

Shangri La Abu Dhabi

Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shangri La Abu Dhabi

Taking the family tomorrow to the Souq.

Cant find any info (apart from calling the place, which I cant be arsed)

Has anyone got any info on what is open??

I live 2 mins away, but I never really go into the place

cheers
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:26 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shangri La Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by commander

cheers

Noodle House in the evening, expensive French restuarant, sunglass shop,gallery and a little water taxi.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:27 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Noodle House in the evening, expensive French restuarant, sunglass shop,gallery and a little water taxi.
ahh we are going in the afternoon, i fancy a pint, assume there is no bar then..

May have to initiate a wee change of plan perhaps
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:31 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

ahh we are going in the afternoon, i fancy a pint, assume there is no bar then..

May have to initiate a wee change of plan perhaps

Dunno- well there is in the hotel of course. Sit up round the pool and I'm sure they'll bring you your special broo.

Maybe Northernlad will know-he was supposed to be there last month....................
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:43 pm
banned

eva, i love you
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:46 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

QUOTE=commander;6969977]eva, i love you[/QUOTE]

tsk tsk, one beer and you are anybody's,two and you are everybodys
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:53 pm
banned

Originally Posted by Eva
QUOTE=commander;6969977]eva, i love you
tsk tsk, one beer and you are anybody's,two and you are everybodys
[/QUOTE]
actually i have had a bloody mary, one bottle of sol and a glass of read with my Pork dinner...
cycling tomorrow at 5am..bedtime.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
Let me know if it's nice, I'm going on Saturday for breakfast! By the way, I have visited the spa and they have ENORMOUS Balinese baths and amazing massages. You get a private room where you can have all kinds of indulging treatments and you can even go with your partner or friend - it's a lovely place.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

It's not quite finished yet. Lot's of shops still being put together.. Restaurant looked quite nice and Left Bank bar looked cool. I popped in with a girlfriend at 11am last week and, as we didn't fancy starbucks, we just wondered over to the hotel and had brunch by the pool.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:06 pm
banned

At the souq. Left bank is really cool, no kids thou. Meat company and noodle house both great terraces overlooking the water. Definately recommended
Old Nov 15th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

At the souq. Left bank is really cool, no kids thou. Meat company and noodle house both great terraces overlooking the water. Definately recommended
Did you go on the little Abra? I had a great time there with my friends and Left Bank has the most divine cocktails. We originally went to have a late breakfast early lunch and then ended up in Left Bank....... I could have stayed there all day.

And you just have to visit the pool, they have hammocks you can drift off to sleep in - divine! Reckon it's a must for a weekend treat.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 3:06 am
banned

Did you go on the little Abra?
Nope, had 10 month old with us

I had a great time there with my friends and Left Bank has the most divine cocktails. We originally went to have a late breakfast early lunch and then ended up in Left Bank....... I could have stayed there all day.

And you just have to visit the pool, they have hammocks you can drift off to sleep in - divine!

Reckon it's a must for a weekend treat.
only if you dont have a 10 month old with you........

seriously, the left bank is cool, a lot nicer than the one at the madinat. We sat outside in the Noodlehouse, which was child friendly and had a lovely afternoon.

Its still in the completions process, but when fully open it'll be great, and as i live in officer city, a mere stones throw away, yay!!

No more Captains arms, heros and all those other expat holes
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

only if you dont have a 10 month old with you........

seriously, the left bank is cool, a lot nicer than the one at the madinat. We sat outside in the Noodlehouse, which was child friendly and had a lovely afternoon.

Its still in the completions process, but when fully open it'll be great, and as i live in officer city, a mere stones throw away, yay!!

No more Captains arms, heros and all those other expat holes
COME ON! you take baby swimming and then afternoon nap on the hammock, Mum, Dad and baby - perfect!! How many children do you have? I've had four and you learn to do lots and lots of things with kids in tow. Failing that, bring your baby to me and I'll have my maid babysit so you and your wife can go do the hammock thing..........
Old Nov 17th 2008, 6:36 am
banned

I wouldn't let my maid look after my baby, never mind anyone elses maid, unless she is a qualified child carer of course, which I assume she is not.
Maids are to clean, not look after babies, that's what families are for

In my opinion of course.

Thanks for the offer though

Last edited by commander; Nov 17th 2008 at 8:32 am.
Old Nov 17th 2008, 10:58 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you a qualified child carer?

Just wondering...

I wouldn't let my maid look after my baby, never mind anyone elses maid, unless she is a qualified child carer of course, which I assume she is not.
Maids are to clean, not look after babies, that's what families are for

In my opinion of course.

Thanks for the offer though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.