Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shame on Emirates...

Shame on Emirates...

Old May 17th 2005, 7:35 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shame on Emirates...

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
(p.s. 3,000 more crew are coming out next season to crew the A380 superjumbo's)
wow, can u fit them in at yr place ?
Old May 17th 2005, 7:37 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
wow, can u fit them in at yr place ?
Yeah..........but only 3 at a time
Old May 17th 2005, 7:38 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shoushou
Also,the career lifespan on cabin crew is what?I dont think that there are hosts and hostesses that are older than,say,45!!

Oh u'd be surprised mate...... maybe not Emirates cabin crew, but most american and european airlines have very mature crew.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:39 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah..........but only 3 at a time
thats a thousand nights!!
Old May 17th 2005, 7:41 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

thats a thousand nights!!
or 2.74 years.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:42 am
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Face81
or 2.74 years.
i thought u had a job 2 go to?
Old May 17th 2005, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Oh u'd be surprised mate...... maybe not Emirates cabin crew, but most american and european airlines have very mature crew.

True.But how many of them gives perks like they are getting here??
Old May 17th 2005, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

I almost got a job with Swissair some 15 years ago but their requirements of language knowledge were high at the time and I needed to show that I had lived 6 months in the UK, 6 months in France and 6 months in Italy. My parents couldn't afford to pay for me to visit each of those countries for so long, so I had to work to gradually gain the requirement. Well, I got stuck in the UK and here I am. No regrets of not having ended up as cabin crew though, had enough with serving people on coaches but the drivers obviously weren't as fanciable as pilots and certainly didn't earn that much.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:46 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

On the BA flights from Saudi, they employed some of the oldest and visibly offensive crew they can find.

This is due to that fact that most men working there have not seen a decent woman for 6months to a year.

After an obscene amount of "incidents" it was deemed neccesary to use the more mature women to crew these flights.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:49 am
The Oracle

i thought u had a job 2 go to?
i thought i did as well....... was supposed to hear from him yesterday..... will leave it till today and will ring him or send him a text tomorrow am.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:49 am
The Oracle

On the BA flights from Saudi, they employed some of the oldest and visibly offensive crew they can find.

This is due to that fact that most men working there have not seen a decent woman for 6months to a year.

After an obscene amount of "incidents" it was deemed neccesary to use the more mature women to crew these flights.
that comes as no surprise.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:50 am
Premium Member

The crew on my flight out are in the same hotel as me. Boy they have partied and they r still here.

each to their own.......we do what we choose to.......u cannot moan about yr career when u choose it............people moan when they have nothing better to do.

It used to be a hobby at sea as there was bugger all else to do when at sea for 6 months and 6 weeks between ports.

So the crew are probably bored silly with all this spare time

its not their fault.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Mind you Face,I mostly travel on Emirates,Cathay,MEA and Alitalia,so I may not have that exposure maybe.
The Oracle

Originally Posted by shoushou
True.But how many of them gives perks like they are getting here??
exactly! so why is then that Emirates cabin crew have got a reputation for being the most arrogant in the sky?
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
I almost got a job with Swissair some 15 years ago but their requirements of language knowledge were high at the time and I needed to show that I had lived 6 months in the UK, 6 months in France and 6 months in Italy. My parents couldn't afford to pay for me to visit each of those countries for so long, so I had to work to gradually gain the requirement. Well, I got stuck in the UK and here I am. No regrets of not having ended up as cabin crew though, had enough with serving people on coaches but the drivers obviously weren't as fanciable as pilots and certainly didn't earn that much.
Myth,
Most of the pilots are minging (see:unsightly)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.