Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shame on Emirates...

Shame on Emirates...

Old May 16th 2005, 6:13 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shame on Emirates...

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
PS ...its still better than economy!!
u bet it is..... did u hear me complaining about getting to make a selection from the first class menu whilst sat in Business Class? No-sir!
Old May 16th 2005, 8:25 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Putting another angle on it - you've also got to think of what they pay there cabin crew recruitment team compared to UK etc. I've heard stories of people being recruited to on a part time basis working way over the odds, travelling around to interview and getting paid peanuts so.................
Old May 17th 2005, 5:36 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairydust
Putting another angle on it - you've also got to think of what they pay there cabin crew recruitment team compared to UK etc. I've heard stories of people being recruited to on a part time basis working way over the odds, travelling around to interview and getting paid peanuts so.................
Agreed, thats why they suppliment there income by either shagging locals for cash or marrying a pilot
Old May 17th 2005, 5:47 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Agreed, thats why they suppliment there income by either shagging locals for cash or marrying a pilot
Thats happened, my girlfriend is a cabin crew, and she is marriedto a pilot. U better not to meet her ...
Old May 17th 2005, 6:04 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Thats happened, my girlfriend is a cabin crew, and she is marriedto a pilot. U better not to meet her ...
LOL
Old May 17th 2005, 6:44 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fairydust
hmmmmmm........ its not our fault they get paid peanuts, is it? No disrespect to u, but why should a paying customer be treated with dis-respect, arrogance and rudeness just because cabin crew couldnt get better jobs in life with better pay?

I am sorry, but I dont feel sorry for them. They chose their careers, we didnt.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:16 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Face81
hmmmmmm........ its not our fault they get paid peanuts, is it? No disrespect to u, but why should a paying customer be treated with dis-respect, arrogance and rudeness just because cabin crew couldnt get better jobs in life with better pay?

I am sorry, but I dont feel sorry for them. They chose their careers, we didnt.
Im sure they get a lot more than most waitresses !!!!!!!!!

Also note that there money is also tax free......And they get free accomodation... and they travel the world for next to nothing.

Its hardly and ordeal now is it!??
Old May 17th 2005, 7:19 am
W10

Quite - apartments in Marooj and on SHR don't come cheap these days.

And while their basic pay is bad. Surely they eventually get stopover allowances, longhaul allowances etc etc

Old May 17th 2005, 7:22 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Im sure they get a lot more than most waitresses !!!!!!!!!

Also note that there money is also tax free......And they get free accomodation... and they travel the world for next to nothing.

Its hardly and ordeal now is it!??
I am pretty certain they get more than most waitresses as well.

The poor things, they suffer all day on flights from Dubai to Timbuktoo.

Please! Give us a break. They need to treat passengers with more respect, its their job! No excuses. Sack em' all..... Emirates needs fresh blood!
Old May 17th 2005, 7:23 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10

And while their basic pay is bad. Surely they eventually get stopover allowances, longhaul allowances etc etc
they are very well looked after, there is no doubt about that. Its no surprise that they fancy themselves as celebrities.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:25 am
W10

Well I wouldn't say that Face. They have a very very hard job to be fair. I'd be sacked within 30 minutes if I did it for telling a passenger to go ***** himself.

Old May 17th 2005, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10

How are you W10?
Been a while since weve both been on at the same time.
In absolute terms,I agree with you and many others,but many of the cabin crew should ask themselves,what other work will give them the good life experience that they are getting at Emirates.Think about it,a flat on SZR or wherever,5 star stopover hotels and allowances,less than 48 hour a week work schedule,plus many others that theyre not coming to mind now.
And if they leave the company,what would they have for a career if they will not be accepted in other airlines???Most of them are airheads.
I personally know and befriend about 7-8 people from the cabin crew,majority male,they are a very nice lot,only one of them who is a 1st class supervisor or something,whenever he calls me up,I have to endure stupid jokes and horrid banter,and this guy was interesting before he joined them.Not any more.....
Old May 17th 2005, 7:30 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Well I wouldn't say that Face. They have a very very hard job to be fair. I'd be sacked within 30 minutes if I did it for telling a passenger to go ***** himself.
I know mate, I'd go crazy as well, but they are trained for that sort of role and its not like someones forcing them to be cabin crew. They could easily take up other careers if they feel they are not cut out for it.

Like I said yesterday, no1 expects them to be standing on ceremony through out the flight with a fake grin, but arrogance and snobishness is just uncalled for.

Read some of those comments made on that site, its their general attitude that is letting emirates down, nothing else.
Old May 17th 2005, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Face81
they are very well looked after, there is no doubt about that. Its no surprise that they fancy themselves as celebrities.
That is true Face,but consider the timezones and jetlag and whatnot these guys have to go through for the most part of the week.That can take its toll on anyone.
Also,the career lifespan on cabin crew is what?I dont think that there are hosts and hostesses that are older than,say,45!!
Old May 17th 2005, 7:33 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by W10

Consider...by a stroke of pure luck..I also live in the Marooj with the crew

Basically, crew only get paid from when the plane starts moving to when the wheel stop moving.
They get a degree of flexibility to whether they to turn arounds or long hauls.

Now, if they do long hauls they get a fair few days off in leui. for example, a friend of mine has just done the Melbourne stop over and she now has 5 days off work..bargain.

If it was that much of a crap job they would leave, and there would not be scores of other girls ready to take there place.
Neither would they be driving around Marooj in new VW beetles and Pug 206 convertibles.

(p.s. 3,000 more crew are coming out next season to crew the A380 superjumbo's)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.