Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Shame on Emirates...

Shame on Emirates...

Old May 16th 2005, 12:37 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shame on Emirates...

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
One thing which many people turn a blind eye to is that a percentage of the crew are happy to be propositioned.

If you look at the coffee shops underneath Century Tower, UP Tower etc etc. Every night it is full of Arabic and Lebanese business men etc.
It is common knowledge amonst Crew and flight deck that some girls solicit themselves (and get paid a great deal) to subsidise their wages.

Most of this is done directly below the towers where they all live.

Again...... this is such a well known fact, why doesnt anyone do something about it????

I am starting to resent them for this sort of behaviour now. These cabin crew that solicit themselves are no better than the gunk u scrape off the bottom of yer shoes after a walk in a muddy field!
Old May 16th 2005, 12:37 pm
W10

I know...she's married..
However, she wants me. And has told me so before. But I am too moralistic to take advantage.

*Some, or all of this may be a lie.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:38 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Face81
Again...... this is such a well known fact, why doesnt anyone do something about it????

I am starting to resent them for this sort of behaviour now. These cabin crew that solicit themselves are no better than the gunk u scrape off the bottom of yer shoes after a walk in a muddy field!
Face, I know that prostitution doesn't exist in the UAE. But it does account more more than a quarter of the GDP of Dubai apparently. That's why a blind eye is turned.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:39 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
However, she wants me. And has told me so before. But I am too moralistic to take advantage.
Anything i can do to help....just let me know.

Face, I agree 7days or GN should run a story on the skanky crew.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:40 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by W10
Face, I know that prostitution doesn't exist in the UAE. But it does account more more than a quarter of the GDP of Dubai apparently. That's why a blind eye is turned.
hmmmmm...... why doesnt some newspaper blow the lid on their crappy operation????

atleast the service will improve and peoples perception of Emirates Airline and Dubai will improve.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:40 pm
W10

Anything i can do to help....just let me know.

You want to be GN's hooker correspondent JD? Although you do realise you have to "make your excuses and leave"

Old May 16th 2005, 12:41 pm
W10

hmmmmm...... why doesnt some newspaper blow the lid on their crappy operation????
Because the editor will be doing stir faster than you can say "Could I have a glass of water please....and how much for oral?"

It's been done before in the UK tabloids, more from the BA angle though.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:43 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You want to be GN's hooker correspondent JD? Although you do realise you have to "make your excuses and leave"
sure...i can be a roving reporter..might even knock up "the good brothel guide".

Ill have a chat with Dubai Explorer..see if they will add a section
Old May 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Face - Emirates flights are full all the time. The management don't care, they're too busy with their plans to double in size.
And do u know why they are full?? Its cos they always overbook and then have no choice but to upgrade people, which gives the false impression of a fully booked flight.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:45 pm
The Oracle

Not just a story..... it should be a feature!
Old May 16th 2005, 12:47 pm
W10

And do u know why they are full?? Its cos they always overbook and then have no choice but to upgrade people, which gives the false impression of a fully booked flight.
Yes but all airlines do that. Standard tactic to get bums on seats. The point is that eg. Emirates to the UK is always at least 90% capacity. BA is usually 60% capacity.

Why do they need to make major customer service changes when the customer is not voting with their wallet.

Old May 16th 2005, 12:52 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by W10
Why do they need to make major customer service changes when the customer is not voting with their wallet.
u arent allowed to take that tone! u have only been in Dubai 10 minutes. lol

well hows this then..... they are losing repeat customers and these are the people that will slag off the airline to other people and put them off it before they have even tried it......

empty and very cramped seats, plus arrogant cabin crew, coupled with poor first class ammenities, means they are heading toward the bottom of the heap, mate.
Old May 16th 2005, 12:54 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Well u r not wrong there, Nov........ 5.5 million people voted Signgapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Qatar Airways as the 5-star airlines in 2005...... Emirates ranked along side Royal Brunei, Malasia Airlines and Air China, among others, as a 4 star airline.
Huh !!! Will never touch royal brunei. 7 mths pregnant when I flew with them. Flight half empty. I asked for spare blanket and spare pillow, they said they have no spare !!! Can u believe that???
Old May 16th 2005, 12:57 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by novita77
Huh !!! Will never touch royal brunei. 7 mths pregnant when I flew with them. Flight half empty. I asked for spare blanket and spare pillow, they said they have no spare !!! Can u believe that???
I can...... Emirates ranks alongside with the likes of them, so i can imagine...

had a snotty business class air hostess on my way to london.... even the guy sitting next to me commented on her attitude towards him.

the usually tantrum like behaviour...... sighing and banging things and not being courteous or polite. an absolute cow!
Old May 16th 2005, 2:43 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Well my tv didn't work on my flight yesterday. I wanted to tedt the new ICE system. Emirates business class is one of the worst......but thats who my company is contracted with.........

PS ...its still better than economy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.