Selling a Car in Dubai

Selling a Car in Dubai

Old Oct 1st 2012, 5:41 am
Just Joined

BantamRJV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling a Car in Dubai

Hello,

Forgive me but I'm new to this forum...

I am selling my car in Dubai via the usual channels (Dubizzle) and I've found someone to buy it. The catch is they need to get car finance...they've asked for a copy of my registration as well as my passport. Now I've rung up the bank he says are financing the loan and they say they don't require these documents.

Is this a scam? Any advise is welcome.

Thanks
BantamRJV
Old Oct 1st 2012, 7:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Selling a Car in Dubai

Originally Posted by BantamRJV
Hello,

Forgive me but I'm new to this forum...

I am selling my car in Dubai via the usual channels (Dubizzle) and I've found someone to buy it. The catch is they need to get car finance...they've asked for a copy of my registration as well as my passport. Now I've rung up the bank he says are financing the loan and they say they don't require these documents.

Is this a scam? Any advise is welcome.

Thanks
BantamRJV
their bank shouldnt require your identification you only need id etc when you are dealing with traffic dept.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to everything in the ME. Copy of passport, Visa, No Objection letter etc. etc.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by fezzer
I think it's a knee-jerk reaction to everything in the ME. Copy of passport, Visa, No Objection letter etc. etc.
yes but it's not me buying the car...i guess i've read too many horror stories about selling cars in the Dubai...I imagined the guy somehow taking a loan out in my name etc...can you imagine?!

I've asked him to confirm with the bank exactly what's required. Will tell all once the sale's completed/ I decide to sell to someone else!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

yes but it's not me buying the car...i guess i've read too many horror stories about selling cars in the Dubai...I imagined the guy somehow taking a loan out in my name etc...can you imagine?!

I've asked him to confirm with the bank exactly what's required. Will tell all once the sale's completed/ I decide to sell to someone else!
TIP - the market is booming so accept cash only and tell any finance buyer to f-off. They will waste your time otherwise. Think about it, they would do it to you.

Last edited by Millhouse; Oct 1st 2012 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

If you bought the car on finance make sure you have a letter from your bank stating that you have paid off the loan. Otherwise you'll be dissappointed when you go to the traffic department to exchange ownership.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jackwow
If you bought the car on finance make sure you have a letter from your bank stating that you have paid off the loan. Otherwise you'll be dissappointed when you go to the traffic department to exchange ownership.
I own the car outright and never had finance...the latest is I'm waiting for the dude's finance man to call me for further details before issuing a manager's cheque...i'll give it one more day before putting the boot in I reckon.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:01 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I own the car outright and never had finance...the latest is I'm waiting for the dude's finance man to call me for further details before issuing a manager's cheque...i'll give it one more day before putting the boot in I reckon.
When I sold my car in the summer I refused to deal with people who needed finance, waited for a cash buyer.

One guy who was going to finance the car wanted me to take it to Dodge for checks, then do something with bank etc...

It just wasn't worth the hassle.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackwow
and sometimes to get that letter can take a week or more.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 11:39 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
and sometimes to get that letter can take a week or more.
"I own the car outright and never had finance".

Get with the programme.