Reload this Page >

Seef District or Juffair, Bahrain

Seef District or Juffair, Bahrain

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seef District or Juffair, Bahrain

Hello all,

I am moving to Bahrain next week and going to work at Almoayyed Tower. The company will provide me an accommodation for a month and during this period, I need to find my own place.

I have been thinking of Juffair as I prefer to have some shops, restaurants and cafes around where I live but then I have been told I should look at Seef area as Juffair would be tad far from my office. I don't drive and I was hoping to arrange a driver / taxi to take me to and off work every day.

Could you please let me know your thoughts of Seef area and compare it with Juffair?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:12 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seef District or Juffair, Bahrain

Originally Posted by brightonguy
Hello all,

I am moving to Bahrain next week and going to work at Almoayyed Tower. The company will provide me an accommodation for a month and during this period, I need to find my own place.

I have been thinking of Juffair as I prefer to have some shops, restaurants and cafes around where I live but then I have been told I should look at Seef area as Juffair would be tad far from my office. I don't drive and I was hoping to arrange a driver / taxi to take me to and off work every day.

Could you please let me know your thoughts of Seef area and compare it with Juffair?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Juffair = nice for single blokes. bars, shops, restaurants.
Seef = boring for everyone. offices and a few restaurants plus two shopping malls.

you will probably want to rent a car regardless of where you live. taxis are rip-off in bahrain and there is zero public transport. juffair to black tower (almoayyed) is probably 5 minutes by car...

use search mate. loads of info on this point posted before..
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

I'd live in neither as a single bloke

Try Adliya. You will end up getting a taxi to Adliya for a drink or meal anyway so you might as well live there.

Juffair isnt exactly over run with places to drink unless you are American or like bars full of gobby naval personnel.

Please feel free to ignore this at your peril. After a month in Juffair you will wish you were in Adliya.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
I'd live in neither as a single bloke

Try Adliya. You will end up getting a taxi to Adliya for a drink or meal anyway so you might as well live there.

Juffair isnt exactly over run with places to drink unless you are American or like bars full of gobby naval personnel.

Please feel free to ignore this at your peril. After a month in Juffair you will wish you were in Adliya.
Actually you are right Tock. One of my mates used to live just behind the Indian embassy. Walking distance to Aljazira supermarket, at least two okay-ish pubs, JJs and any number of restaurants.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Actually you are right Tock. One of my mates used to live just behind the Indian embassy. Walking distance to Aljazira supermarket, at least two okay-ish pubs, JJs and any number of restaurants.
Why thanks Norksy my old friend. WTF would want to live in Juffair.

However I did see the OP is possibly from Brighton and from what I read in the newspapers, Brighton is the Gay capital of England so maybe by moving to Juffair he could have his officer and a gentleman moment and be swept of his feet by a faggot Navy bod in Best Western

I guess the OP didnt give enough information really
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:54 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

However I did see the OP is possibly from Brighton and from what I read in the newspapers, Brighton is the Gay capital of England so maybe by moving to Juffair he could have his officer and a gentleman moment and be swept of his feet by a faggot Navy bod in Best Western

This is when we need Markinbahrain to step up and defend Juffair, but I guess he must have left BH as I haven't seen him post for ages.

There are less flats available in Adliya so I think it is a fair bit more expensive, but maybe that isn't an issue for the OP.

I'm not going to comment on the officer and gentleman scenario...
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with my two learned friends. Juffair if you want to have a backdoor like the flag of Japan....Adliya if you want the best of all worlds in Bahrain... and Seef if you have an interest in Saudi military history.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

brightonguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thanks for the response guys! I was never recommended Adliya so didn't consider it before. But by the looks of its location, it's next to Juffair so people who recommended Juffair may have thought Adliya is also Juffair, sort of.

I am also not going to comment on the officer and the gentleman scenario here

Budget is not much of an issue at this stage, however I would like to keep it around 700BD per month. I've been told Seef is quite upmarket but I really don't understand why it is expensive if there isn't much around.

Any other comments?
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 6:48 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by brightonguy
Wow, thanks for the response guys! I was never recommended Adliya so didn't consider it before. But by the looks of its location, it's next to Juffair so people who recommended Juffair may have thought Adliya is also Juffair, sort of.

I am also not going to comment on the officer and the gentleman scenario here

Budget is not much of an issue at this stage, however I would like to keep it around 700BD per month. I've been told Seef is quite upmarket but I really don't understand why it is expensive if there isn't much around.

Any other comments?
700BD should get you a fully furnished 2 bedroom all inclusive in a new-ish building in Adliya (based on the prices about a year ago anyway). You can get a better view of what's there at what prices by looking at http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/

Last edited by norsk; Jun 23rd 2012 at 6:50 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Al Moayyed tower - nice!

I remember Juffair to be full of American navy guys and their girlfriends walking around. Many prostitutes. Many restaurants.

Seef is quiet, slightly dull. Malls, office blocks.

As for hiring a driver... as another poster has said above, Bahrain has almost zero (and the existing is rubbish) public transport. Driving yourself is a necessity and hiring a driver for all your activities may prove to be quite expensive.

You could learn to drive in Bahrain - the driving exams there are way easier than in the UK lol.

Saff
Old Jun 24th 2012, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

700BD should get you a fully furnished 2 bedroom all inclusive in a new-ish building in Adliya (based on the prices about a year ago anyway). You can get a better view of what's there at what prices by looking at http://www.bahrainpropertyworld.com/
Should easy be able to get a 3 bed apartment in a really nice block at 700 now norsky. You can get a pretty reasonable 3 bed villa for 700 now without breaking into too much sweat looking. All compounds have vacancies so the blocks must be in a similar position. Only the green zone hasnt dropped prices and there is only 2 available now. All US embassy staff so hideous for my poor old ears

I think Adliya offers the best of everything.

You can get a full time driver for around 140 a month to be on your beck and call 24/7/365.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

This is when we need Markinbahrain to step up and defend Juffair, but I guess he must have left BH as I haven't seen him post for ages.

There are less flats available in Adliya so I think it is a fair bit more expensive, but maybe that isn't an issue for the OP.

I'm not going to comment on the officer and gentleman scenario...
Did someone mention my name!!

Adliya is a excellent place to be located, but the apartments are all very tired, and not modern at all, and I have done the rounds looking before, the only one I would stay in Adliya is the ALMOAYYED SUITES, Road 3412, (Near Mahooze petrol station) 600BD - 1,000BD per month, very nice and modern.
Juffair has far better quality apartments overall at good prices, plus the pubs on hand, but you need a car.
Seef, as we all have said....boring, boring, boring.
Their is a couple of nice apartment blocks overlooking marina beach club off Exhibition Road, great views and again close to the pub and hookers (only 5 mins drive from Seef).

I live in Amwaj Islands now, very boring but have a gorgeous villa with a jetty ( no boat though )
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Did someone mention my name!!

Adliya is a excellent place to be located, but the apartments are all very tired, and not modern at all, and I have done the rounds looking before, the only one I would stay in Adliya is the ALMOAYYED SUITES, Road 3412, (Near Mahooze petrol station) 600BD - 1,000BD per month, very nice and modern.
Juffair has far better quality apartments overall at good prices, plus the pubs on hand, but you need a car.
Seef, as we all have said....boring, boring, boring.
Their is a couple of nice apartment blocks overlooking marina beach club off Exhibition Road, great views and again close to the pub and hookers (only 5 mins drive from Seef).

I live in Amwaj Islands now, very boring but have a gorgeous villa with a jetty ( no boat though )
Ah up Mark, glad to see you are alive and well. No point living where you do without a boat. Are you on the canals or further around ?

Mate of mine used to live in a fantastic block in Adliya but difficult to explain where.... come out of the brit club, turn right to roundabout then left at the roundabout. Up there on the right near the traffic lights. his 3 bed was 700 in the old days. No idea on the name of the place as said

Glad all well with you. What did you replace the smashed up Lexus with ?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Seef over Juffair but as previous posters have said check out Adliya.. You will be in the middle of everything so makes it much easier. NO NO NO NO to Juffair though.. getting in and out of that place is a pain in the rectal area.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Ah up Mark, glad to see you are alive and well. No point living where you do without a boat. Are you on the canals or further around ?

Mate of mine used to live in a fantastic block in Adliya but difficult to explain where.... come out of the brit club, turn right to roundabout then left at the roundabout. Up there on the right near the traffic lights. his 3 bed was 700 in the old days. No idea on the name of the place as said

Glad all well with you. What did you replace the smashed up Lexus with ?
How you doing Tock, we are in Al Marsa canals or little Venice as we call it in Amwaj.
Yes I need a boat, but then I would have to start going to the yacht club to talk shit with all the nobs here.
My son wants a jetski as a compromiseThat would piss the neighbours off.

The smashed up Lexus was replaced with an Infiniti 4x4 3.7 V6 GT lovely car, but no boat as I am skint now!!

We have changed lifestyles from sitting down at the outside tables in Adliya main road eating Shawarma for 400fils to Costa coffee shops charging 2.6BD for a latte in Amwaj!!
Amwaj was not made for south east londoners like me and my son, its a bit too "nice and quiet" but you would fit in very well here with the Cheshire crowd having dinner at the marina and then throwing the keys in the ashtray at the end of the evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.