scrapyards

Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:20 am
W10

Default scrapyards

I need a new wheel for my car thanks to a pothole in the road which has dented the rim.

Any idea where Dubai Scrapyard City is likely to be? (Or sharjah) or anyone know of any good places where you can get decent second hand parts, or any phone numbers of such places.

I don't want to buy a brand new wheel unless I have to.

Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scrapyards

You might have some luck at the Used Car Complex in Ras al Khor.
They have 1000's of expat-abandoned cars sitting in their backlot* and from all appearances they are being stripped for spare parts.

http://www.usedcars.ae/english/default.aspx

Originally Posted by W10
I need a new wheel for my car thanks to a pothole in the road which has dented the rim.

Any idea where Dubai Scrapyard City is likely to be? (Or sharjah) or anyone know of any good places where you can get decent second hand parts, or any phone numbers of such places.

*actually more of a sand dune
Old Jul 4th 2006, 7:44 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

BMW road in Sharjah, right at National paints, up to traffic lights and left, loads of them down there. I paid 250Dhs for a (new) rim.

BTW, don't you hate the word "rim" I thought they were called "wheels"...

Something else to complain about!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:05 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
BMW road in Sharjah, right at National paints, up to traffic lights and left, loads of them down there. I paid 250Dhs for a (new) rim.

There's a few places in Rashidiya too
Old Jul 4th 2006, 8:08 am
W10

Originally Posted by MJC

I used the word rim because it was the rim of the wheel that was dented.

I don't often use the word rim