Reload this Page >

Schooling in al Ain

Schooling in al Ain

Old Sep 5th 2010, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Machlome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling in al Ain

Hi

I am new to this forum and would welcome any advice.

It is likely that I may be arriving in Al Ain in the next 2 weeks and need to find a school for my daughter to attend. She is going into Year 3. I need to start work.

AAESS said no - full - but add her to the waiting list - not sure what they expect me to do in the meantime!!!

Any advice or insight into schooling would be gratefully received.

Old Sep 5th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Casta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really niceCasta is just really nice
Default Re: Schooling in al Ain

Originally Posted by Machlome
Hi

It is likely that I may be arriving in Al Ain in the next 2 weeks and need to find a school for my daughter to attend. She is going into Year 3. I need to start work.

AAESS said no - full - but add her to the waiting list - not sure what they expect me to do in the meantime!!!

I suspect you'd have a greater chance of getting an answer to this by posting on the "Living in Al Ain" thread which is far more active. Many people just subscribe to and check that one.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...57411&page=171
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

redheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

if the school is full, what do you expect them to do
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

UkMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Schools here in Al Ain are very difficult to get into. We had to put our kids names down in December inorder to get them in AAESS for this September. You could try Chouiefat or the American School instead. I understand that Chouiefat is bigger and so might have more places available.

Good luck!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I am grateful. I think I have managed to find somewhere now and what remains is to visit once i arrive in country! Don't suppose you have any insights into maid services or after school child care do you? I feel like I'm starting all over again!
C
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I am grateful. I think I have managed to find somewhere now and what remains is to visit once i arrive in country! Don't suppose you have any insights into maid services or after school child care do you? I feel like I'm starting all over again!
C
You can have a live in maid which is about 150$ a month plus start up fees of about 2 thousand pounds. Or a "visiting" maid for about 5 pounds per hour. The advantage of a live in maid is that she can look after the kids when they get home from school.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:30 am
Just Joined

You are really kind - live in maid seems the way to go.
How do you find being in AA?
C
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

You are really kind - live in maid seems the way to go.
How do you find being in AA?
C
I've not been here that long but up to now, I'm loving it. Which school did you find? Do you want to PM me?