Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

School fees in Qatar

School fees in Qatar

Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default School fees in Qatar

Somebone is trying to tempt me out to Qatar. Therefor does anyone have current information for school fees for a 7 year old in DISS DESS or whatever the system is? Is it much less that 20k per year?

Or are all the schools full?

Lastly what about the state of the roads? Are they all clogged up like the Dubai to Sharjah run?

Many many thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:22 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School fees in Qatar

Originally Posted by Majj
Somebone is trying to tempt me out to Qatar. Therefor does anyone have current information for school fees for a 7 year old in DISS DESS or whatever the system is? Is it much less that 20k per year?

Lastly what about the state of the roads? Are they all clogged up like the Dubai to Sharjah run?

Many many thanks.

Hey Majj

I am currently and have been living in Qatar since last November. Qatar is very different from Dubai. Hmmm lets say its Dubai ten years ago. Still in the growing phase but getting there very quickly. I dont think it will ever be like Dubai as it has its very own characteristics but countries in the middle east r pretty much the same. Its a very family orientated place and very safe. Hmmm as regards roads.....well I just came back from 2 mnth absence and returned to find a whole caos. Everywhere is digged up. They r planning very big diversions of infrastructure in the roads so I guess we have to endure till these projects r ready. As regards traffic it can be bad but not as bad as Dubai, u have to keep in mind that not as many ppl are living in Doha as in Dubai but my guess is they are coming in masses this year.

Well regarding schooling. It is a bit of a prob as most schools have long waiting lists esp DESS, the one u mentioned. I send my kids to PArk House English School, it is one of the good ones and the kids r very happy there. The new prices for academic year starting this September are:
registration for nursery and primary QR500 per child, registration for secondary QR2000 per child.

School fees nursery QR 3200 per term
School Fees for Primary school QR 5200 per child

Secondary are QR6500 per child and QR7200 per child depending on the age

Ure lucky I have these cos I just got them....hehe

Lookout for some schools online. Just search for Internation schools in Qatar

Hope its of some help to u. Anything else u want to know, shoot

Malt xxxx
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by Malteser
Hey Majj

I am currently and have been living in Qatar since last November. Qatar is very different from Dubai. Hmmm lets say its Dubai ten years ago. Still in the growing phase but getting there very quickly. I dont think it will ever be like Dubai as it has its very own characteristics but countries in the middle east r pretty much the same. Its a very family orientated place and very safe. Hmmm as regards roads.....well I just came back from 2 mnth absence and returned to find a whole caos. Everywhere is digged up. They r planning very big diversions of infrastructure in the roads so I guess we have to endure till these projects r ready. As regards traffic it can be bad but not as bad as Dubai, u have to keep in mind that not as many ppl are living in Doha as in Dubai but my guess is they are coming in masses this year.

Well regarding schooling. It is a bit of a prob as most schools have long waiting lists esp DESS, the one u mentioned. I send my kids to PArk House English School, it is one of the good ones and the kids r very happy there. The new prices for academic year starting this September are:
registration for nursery and primary QR500 per child, registration for secondary QR2000 per child.

School fees nursery QR 3200 per term
School Fees for Primary school QR 5200 per child

Secondary are QR6500 per child and QR7200 per child depending on the age

Ure lucky I have these cos I just got them....hehe

Lookout for some schools online. Just search for Internation schools in Qatar

Hope its of some help to u. Anything else u want to know, shoot

Malt xxxx
Thank you very much for that. I had had enough of Dubai and went back to London last month. As soon as I get back someone else is trying to tempt me back out that way!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 4:43 pm
Follow Your Heart

ZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud ofZooZ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Majj

Many many thanks.

Majj,
try this link for all (i think) int schools in Qatar:

http://www.indexuae.com/qatar/qatarc...eytext=Schools

It is worth while checking availability too, a friend of mine who just got here has been looking for a week found it difficult to get places. I am not trying to put you off but you will need to get early booking.

as of Qatar itself I am afraid I cannot help you too much.. I am very new here.. they still did not remove the shipping wax of me and I have been getting tips of Malt..

hope this helps..
ZooZ