Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

School Easter Holidays

School Easter Holidays

Old Mar 19th 2011, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Default School Easter Holidays

Has anyone got any idea of places to go in the Easter holidays with children in Riyadh.
Just planning ahead, sensible ideas please!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: School Easter Holidays

Originally Posted by Hippacrocapig
Has anyone got any idea of places to go in the Easter holidays with children in Riyadh.
Just planning ahead, sensible ideas please!
You could try 'The Mount of Olives!' - It's not that far from Riyadh!
Old Mar 19th 2011, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hippacrocapig
Has anyone got any idea of places to go in the Easter holidays with children in Riyadh. Just planning ahead, sensible ideas please!
How long is a piece of string? Much too vague.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hippacrocapig will become famous soon enoughHippacrocapig will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: School Easter Holidays

I mean where can I take my children in Riyadh during the day to keep them entertained..... play zones, zoos, kids activities etc. I know somewhere there is an ice skating rink. Ideas on a postcard please.
Old Mar 19th 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Apart from the various mall play areas (Sahara mall was the best one I thought), there's the Zoo (which is actually ok - a lot better than Dubai's), Salaam park is worth a wander around before it gets too hot. The Masmak, Deira souk (depending on their age, these may bore them to tears). Go out with one of the Hashes on Thu/Fri. National Museum is OK, the grounds are nice. The Sky-bridge at Kingdom tower. Go for a drive through Wadi Hanifa, up to the dam.

There is an ice skating rink in the large mall with a home centre in it on the Khurais road, the rides are pretty good there too. It's up at exit 32(I think) on the right hand side as you are heading out of Riyadh before the National Guard hospital.

Last edited by miuser2; Mar 19th 2011 at 6:41 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2011, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

thanks miuser, very useful.