Scary....

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:05 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scary....

We all know that landlords used to kick out tenants to get more money, but over the last couple of weeks, i have spoken to two long term expats who got kicked out of their jobs, then replaced with cheaper people.

Basically both these people were mid/senior management who had been on the "old-school" type packages for years with all the extra's...weak reasons were given to get rid of them, then a new hire was taken on with just a set salary with no benefits..

nothing surprises me here anymore
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:59 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scary....

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
We all know that landlords used to kick out tenants to get more money, but over the last couple of weeks, i have spoken to two long term expats who got kicked out of their jobs, then replaced with cheaper people.

Basically both these people were mid/senior management who had been on the "old-school" type packages for years with all the extra's...weak reasons were given to get rid of them, then a new hire was taken on with just a set salary with no benefits..

this was inevitable, although it sure wasn't my cup of tea (no milk, sugar please), it is attractive enough that regular blokes who wouldn't otherwise leave their respective countries are willing to move there for a small pay increase and warm weather. I think if i were to have to compare living in dubai with living in saudi i'd say living in dubai was closer to living in italy or spain and less close to living in saudi, whereas at its 'expat' heyday of the 90's i'd say it was closer (in life) to saudi than anywhere in europe.

i'd honestly say that if these people want what they had in dubai before their best choices are oman, yemen, north africa, or ex soviet states now...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scary....

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

also heard of people who came with no children, then decided to have a family, were sacked as their entire package is too expensive. Alot of employers are now only looking at single men as the single status benefits are alot lower. Can see their point really.