Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Visa application-criminal record

Saudi Visa application-criminal record

Old Apr 29th 2023, 11:01 am
Just Joined

TamPaxon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Visa application-criminal record

25 years ago when I was 23 I got a drink drive conviction with a small fine and one year ban.
I have had nothing since and been employed in 2 countries.
Will this go against my application or will they consider it spent? advice appreciated.
Old May 5th 2023, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Newopps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Visa application-criminal record

If you are UK based, the ACRO website explains in great detail their step down model and how long every possible conviction remains on record. That said, 1) their website is currently down, ironically due to a cyber attack, and 2) even if the conviction is spent, your ACRO police certificate will return a report of No LIVE trace, as opposed to No trace. In the UK, at least, the Saudi Embassy will then require you to make a Freedom of Information request to pull details of the conviction, which you will then need to share with the Embassy visa department.

Personally, I can't imagine it being a problem, but tbh, that is just pure speculation on my part. I guess you will just have to go through the process and cross your fingers. Alternatively, I'm sure some immigration lawyers will happily take your cash to give you a more informed opinion. HTH.
Old Aug 29th 2023, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

Spentcake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TamPaxon
25 years ago when I was 23 I got a drink drive conviction with a small fine and one year ban.
I have had nothing since and been employed in 2 countries.
Will this go against my application or will they consider it spent? advice appreciated.
hey there, I was wondering what your outcome was? I’m in a similar situation. Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2023, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

expatalex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newopps
If you are UK based, the ACRO website explains in great detail their step down model and how long every possible conviction remains on record. That said, 1) their website is currently down, ironically due to a cyber attack, and 2) even if the conviction is spent, your ACRO police certificate will return a report of No LIVE trace, as opposed to No trace. In the UK, at least, the Saudi Embassy will then require you to make a Freedom of Information request to pull details of the conviction, which you will then need to share with the Embassy visa department.

Personally, I can't imagine it being a problem, but tbh, that is just pure speculation on my part. I guess you will just have to go through the process and cross your fingers. Alternatively, I'm sure some immigration lawyers will happily take your cash to give you a more informed opinion. HTH.
on a similar vein what was your turnaround time for ACRO? It's nearly been a month for me.
Old Jan 16th 2024, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

WorkingAway8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have recently obtained my work VISA. I had a caution for a minor thing from fourteen years ago on my Subject access request.

I am very happy that my future was not harmed by this unfortunate incident from my past. Thankfully the embassy has allowed me to proceed to an exciting part of my career.

Good luck to all who are in the process to work in KSA.
Old Jan 17th 2024, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

CarrotOrange is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats.
Old Feb 7th 2024, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Adam16494 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got refused due to a 20 year old conviction for theft when i was 18. Clean record since and a senior construction professional relocating with my current employer. 4 months of waiting and planning to emigrate. Gutted. The system sucks

Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Ok scratch that. With a letter from my employer acknowledging it, and a cover letter from me to give context, It went through! Had to come clean to my employer though which wasn’t an issue. Fly in 6 days !

Sending this for anyone else in the future searching with the same issue. Good luck
Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine got turned down for a conviction which was being a passenger in a stolen car, he had the job, but his visa was refused due to that conviction.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
A friend of mine got turned down for a conviction which was being a passenger in a stolen car, he had the job, but his visa was refused due to that conviction.
when was the conviction?
mine was 20years ago
Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:34 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adam16494
when was the conviction?
mine was 20years ago
Cant remember but in his case the conviction was only a few years before his application was turned down.
Old Mar 13th 2024, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Probably too recent. Will show on the ACRO report rather than the SAR
Old Mar 14th 2024, 6:57 am
Just Joined

WorkingAway8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adam16494
Ok scratch that. With a letter from my employer acknowledging it, and a cover letter from me to give context, It went through! Had to come clean to my employer though which wasn’t an issue. Fly in 6 days !

Sending this for anyone else in the future searching with the same issue. Good luck
fantastic to hear this mate congratulations 👍
Old Mar 14th 2024, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

ukcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Adam

i am in a similar situation to you. Received a caution 20 years ago and applying for Saudi work visa.

can I ask did you have to appeal the decision ? It seems they rejected your application first . Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2024, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Yes I had to appeal. With a letter from my employer and a cover letter from me it worked. Thankfully my employer was ok to do it, last thing we want to have to do is being up mistakes from the past to a new employer!
Mine was a conviction though. A caution, you may be ok!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.