Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi multi-entry visa

Saudi multi-entry visa

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi multi-entry visa

Can an existing multi-entry visa be used with a new British passport, with no further admin required?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi multi-entry visa

New passport requires a new visa
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Scot47.
Old Jan 31st 2018, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Scot47 is correct.

But I do know of a person who lost their passport (with single entry visit visa) while in Saudi. They managed to exit Saudi with a new passport (which did not have a Saudi visa in it) by first being denied an exit and then sobbing loudly near the airport passport desk until the passport person let them through.

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by FriendlyExpat; Jan 31st 2018 at 11:08 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnification
Can an existing multi-entry visa be used with a new British passport, with no further admin required?
May depend on the circumstances of why you have the new passport .... if for example you are issued a new passport because your old one is full (but not expired) then you can in most circumstances still use the valid visas in the old one, you present both passports (not 100% if there is something about Saudi that precludes this)
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKMS
May depend on the circumstances of why you have the new passport .... if for example you are issued a new passport because your old one is full (but not expired) then you can in most circumstances still use the valid visas in the old one, you present both passports (not 100% if there is something about Saudi that precludes this)
They don't like people having two passports, so be cautious!
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
They don't like people having two passports, so be cautious!
Since I posted I’ve spoken with an Indian colleague who needs a visa for just about everywhere, he travels with 2 passports as one is full but still has current visas in it. He travels to Saudi monthly and has never experienced an issue.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

SOme countries allow two valid passports at the same time. India might well be one of them, in which case, Saudi might have no problem with two passports as both are valid. Unless you are a special case (diplomat) the UK doesn't allow two concurrently valid passports in which case your Saudi visa would be under the number of your expired passport and may therefore cause you a problem.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sicklyman
Unless you are a special case (diplomat) the UK doesn't allow two concurrently valid passports
Not true. Anyone can have 2 passports if you submit a letter from your company explaining why (and there are several valid reasons). Most of my British colleagues have 2.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:02 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

SOme countries allow two valid passports at the same time. India might well be one of them, in which case, Saudi might have no problem with two passports as both are valid. Unless you are a special case (diplomat) the UK doesn't allow two concurrently valid passports in which case your Saudi visa would be under the number of your expired passport and may therefore cause you a problem.
I used two passports in KSA when a similar situation occurred with the visa, the old visa was in a passport that was full and I had to get a new one. So I used to carry the new passport and the cancelled one with the visa pasted in.
Eventually I got the visa renewed but for at least 6 months I used the two passports together.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I have 2 UK passports and I'm not a diplomat. UKPA will issue 2 passports to frequent business travelers who need to travel while visas are being processed (among other reasons). All I needed was a letter from my company requesting it.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FriendlyExpat
I'm not 100% certain about this but have always understood it to be illegal to have two passports in Saudi (even if issued by different countries) although I've never actually heard of anyone getting in trouble.
Note the UK FCO advice (which is, of course, not always accurate for Saudi)

"It’s illegal to hold 2 passports in Saudi Arabia. Second passports will be confiscated by the immigration authorities if they’re discovered."

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...ws-and-customs
Old Feb 6th 2018, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute

good to know I was wrong about the two passports thing. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old Feb 12th 2018, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point

For a time, i held a valid multi-entry KSA Business visa with 180 day validity and 30 day maximum stay per visit. When the passport was full and it was renewed (before passport expiry date and the visa valid), i carried both passports without the need for a new visa which was renewed in the new passport upon expiry of the 180 days. On the first visit using the new passport (minus Business visa), the officer viewed the visa in the cancelled passport and wrote a reference on a blank page in the new passport. This worked for 4 months, only hinderance was carrying both passports at the same time.