Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi medical for visa

Saudi medical for visa

Old Jun 9th 2022, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi medical for visa

This is probably a stupid query but I have never done anything like this before.

I have my visa medical next week, do I need to take anything or prepare in any way? I have never had a medical like this before but I understand that it is necessary to give a stool sample. Do you do this whilst you are there? I guess you can't come away and do it later as then you could get someone else to do it, but I am not sure I can "produce" on demand.
as I say, i am sure this is all needless worry but just want to make sure I am doing things right (and getting info from the visa agency seems virtually impossible.)
Old Jun 9th 2022, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Saudi medical for visa

I was never asked for a stool sample. Blood test, x ray and eye test. Then you repeat it all again when you get on the ground.

No one knows what the Saudi embassy requests, my agent admitted this much. But he probed with questions and would eventually get an answer, relevant or not. Pretty much like daily life here.
Old Jun 10th 2022, 4:55 am
Just Joined

AndySwindell is an unknown quantity at this point

I did my Saudi medical three weeks ago and was not asked for a stool sample, I did provide a urine sample though
Old Jun 10th 2022, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Evilbungle is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, Thanks. Good to know that a stool sample may not be necessary - Now I can stop sh***ing myself about it!! ( sorry couldn't resist)
Old Jun 10th 2022, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Gulf_European is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure it was required, but I did provide a stool sample anyway. The doctor did all the tests that was on the medical form, which included stool samples. I think he might not have been fully sure what was needed and not needed, so better safe than sorry.

Either way, I was given a tube to take home and scoop out shit into and bring back the next day. Not the most pleasant thing I've done... But wasn't nearly as bad as I thought either. The doctor even said (without hesitation) "so just take a shit on the shower floor, and scoop a small piece up". Ehm... Safe to say, I didn't shit on my bathroom floor put a lot of paper down in the toilet to catch it, and you're safe.
Old Jun 10th 2022, 9:42 am
Just Joined

BenMcD is an unknown quantity at this point

Had my medical yesterday.
It included a chest x-ray, blood pressure check, blood test and urine sample.
The Doctor said a stool sample is only required if you are working with food.
Old Jun 10th 2022, 10:12 am
Just Joined

artificial intelligence is an unknown quantity at this point

I came to the kingdom late last year and was asked for a stool sample.... luckily my colleague gave me a heads up. If you can't do it on the day then you can take a sample pot and bring it back the next morning.

Word to the wise if you do it at the hospital; don't expect to be directed to a marble floored bathroom, complete with water fountain and mother of pearl basins.. I took a some of those surgical gloves and grabbed some paper towels on the way in, which was just as well as they didn't even have bog roll. The worst part isn't producing the sample... it is walking it through the waiting area then and handing it to them through the perspex screen

If I remember correctly the medical was chest xray, bloods and stool.