Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Job contract terminated

Saudi Job contract terminated

Old Jan 14th 2012, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

mcmonkiez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Job contract terminated

Just got an email that my contract is being terminated after I took authorised holidays from my Employer and reason was for holidays as my father in law passed away..I wanted to extend few additional days like only '2' days from my annual leave..instead of getting a response YES/NO got email from HR my contract is terminated and no longer employer of the company....

What happens now is i will never ever going to even think about working in Saudi Arabia...

I wanted to say so many thing but what's the point...as these saudis up there arse so much they don't even see what is right or wrong...
Old Jan 15th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Job contract terminated

Hi

Very sorry to hear this. I remember from your earlier posts that you were always positive about Riyadh. The experience of living and working there in a new culture.

Your tips were really helpful to newcomers like me. Really sad way to finish in Saudi.

Is the company Saudi owned? Then, there is very little you can do - because they have more wasta.

If the management is western though, you can sue for unfair dismissal in the relevant country?